Joining problems officer level

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IconicBuck, Sep 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive sent out my application and put my branch as warfare officer, I've been to my opticians and had just a normal eye test and i have a 8 on my binocular sight. surly this will effect me being a warfare officer as you need to look out of the bridge. Is it possible to take a military eye sight test before you take an RT ? I've rang my AFCO multiple times and failed ( i think they mite be relocating not sure ) i just want to know what jobs are open to me as a officer is i fail the eye sight for warfare.

I also had another idea, I'm into engineering but not A level physics or math, more hands on engineering if i went in as a weapons engineer rating and worked my way up as i would gain the qualifications to become and officer ? ( but how long and likely is this going to happen and take )

2. You really need to chat to a careers advisor. It doesn't sound like you have a clear career path and to succeed in Warfare you need to be pretty focussed.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Eligibility, including eyesight standards: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/sitecor.../CNR-PDFs/Eligibility Form TRHJ Version1.pdf

It's possible to be promoted from Rating to Officer as an Engineering Technician, but the only assured route is to join as an Engineering Officer with an accredited engineering degree from the outset.

Good luck.

4. I'm a little more concerned by your spelling and inability to use google frankly - use the latter to answer your questions, they're all covered on here.

5. Initiative? From a Warfare Officer candidate? Surely you can't be serious.

• Like Like x 1