Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dhoby, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son is due to pass out of Raleigh in January, could anyone tell me when he will have to report to HMS Collingwood. When I passed out I went to Collingwood the next day (but that was over 30 years ago) on a navy bus but he reckons he is getting weekend leave but doesnt know all of the details yet. We are travelling down from the north east on the Thursday before his parade but I just want to know how many nights accomodation to book(and for how many people) in Torpoint and/if to book somewhere near collingwood on the Saturday night.
    cheeers

2. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

He'll pass out of Raleigh on the Friday and will have to be in Collingwood NLT 1200 on the Monday afternoon. His Phase 1 instructor should give him more information after leave.

3. Re: Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question

Cheers thanks very much I can go ahead and book some digs now.

4. Re: Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question

Dhoby, as you are ex Navy you are entitled to book one of the Short term families quarters in Rowner. This is handy for Collingwood and a lot cheaper than Hotels / B&B. They have 2 / 3 bedroom flats or houses that sleep up to 7 adults..
    Contact Gill Loughry see link http://www.gosporthive.uku.co.uk/Housing.htm

5. Re: Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question

Just don't park your car outside, if you want it to be in one piece when you wake up that is!