Joining navy medical question?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kira5683, Aug 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey new to this, but wanna get involved.
    Anyway....

I am joining the navy in hope to get in the communications unit, but failed first psychometric test today, and will do it again in 6 months I was told I am not far off, do you think I will have enough for the warfare side if I cant get in communications?

And if I do get past all that and into my medical, my body is fine, nothing wrong with me, but near my exams not long ago I had lack of sleep and passed out during the week, I went to my GP then was refereed to Taunton hospital, by 6 weeks and exams over it stopped, and no one had an explanation for it. Well I saw this guy in Taunton and he told me he dont know come back with a whiteness in september, fist day of collage, I couldn't be bothered so I phoned up and canceled it as it was first day of collage, it has stopped now and they took far to long to help me.
    I think it was due to lack of sleep, will this affect me getting in? :S

Sorry its long >.<

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

As soon as someone can translate your message I'm sure you'll get some useful answers.

Welcome to the site

3. Half of it has gone missing .. what the hell

4. still kinda get it .. oh well someone sure to understand ^.^

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

This is the second time this has happened to me tonight. :?

Have I just turned over two pages & lost the gist of this thread instantly, or am I sane & lucid but just reading gibberish?

6. Am I close, you skip licking retard?

7. Right my main concern is the medical test.
    The only problem I have ever had is passing out around my exam time, I believe this was due to stress and lack of sleep. On my medical record it will say about this but never resolved as I canceled seeing the Dr, I believe it was a waste of time. Will it affect me going in

8. Oh very funny but pretty much yes. Not to the gay thing though.

9. You're on a wind up surely?

Pass out under pressure = liability.

Just piss off and join a self-harm group you vegetarian freak.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spoken like a true Doctor. :wink:

11. Harsh but fair point the the liability thing :/

12. I am more interested in "fist day at collage". Do you have any pictures of this?

13. Collage hasn't started yet its on the 1st of september.

14. Ooops, sorry; forgot about the Newbie rule thing. Withdrawn, with apologies.

15. Nice to see you didn't focus on the 'fist day of collage'. Fortunately I am here to take up the slack :wink:
    [​IMG]

16. Yeah because thats me... ¬.¬

17. You said the Taunton geezer said you should have a whiteness with you on the 1st september. I suggest that this would also be relevant for your fist day at collage in order to counter any possible blackouts you may suffer with the stress involved.

18. Well the taunton guy wanted me to go back to him with someone that saw me faint, but the appointment was on the first day of collage thats one reason I am not going.

19. Cool. I think I love you.

20. Wouldn't it be better to have someone who had a clear view?