Joining Medical Drugs Test

Ships_Cat

War Hero
I think Dev may have gotten in a bit of state here, confusing two matters, and getting on the wrong end of an MLP thrashing.

Weed has been legalised for recreational use in two US states, and looks like more will follow, more for practical reasons than any suggestion its safe and good for you. The status quo is many people use it, so legalisation will provide tax revenue and decriminalise the behaviour to free up the police to concentrate on other more pressing crime. It will also make it less profitable for drug traffickers.

It is also wholly incompatible with certain professions. Mine is one of them, so my employer has drug screening at initial entry and random thereafter, mandatory upon any accident or incident, and that's a wide ranging swathe. That also includes alcohol as it should. Something to think about even if you don't join HM Forces.

As danny outlined, the old attitudes to alcohol are dying out too, pisshead Britain is not only not fit enough to make it in todays job, but one night on the Ace and it would be falling in the dock, twatting the QM followed by a trip to DQs and stay at Her Madges pleasure. I would agree alcohol does cause untold wreckage throughout life, and that maybe weed does more likely cause excess consumption of bad service station pasties than it does fights outside kebab shops, but service policy will not be moved so easily.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ah yes, persec.

If the OP had actually read a couple of subtle hints given earlier in the thread, it may have occurred to him that declaring having bought Class A drugs online and sharing intimate first hand knowledge of habitual drugs use may limit career opportunities.

Generally I refrain from stating: "I'm a careers adviser & know who you are", but sometimes I guess it needs to be spelled-out.

DruAde

Lantern Swinger
This thread has been on my mind . Dont know why , it has a certain sadness to it. DevNull , you come across as a literate and dare I say intelligent bloke despite your disasterous judgment call on this forum.

To come onto this forum and say the things you have shows that either you dropped your guard or honestly think that joining the Royal Navy and voiceing your opinions on drugs on a forum with professional recruitment staff , senior ranks within the service and what could be your oppo's in the future is a serious lack of judgment.

I can only think you thought this was just another random forum . Mistake one.

Mistake two, saying it was a one off in Amsterdam ,then you go off and admit to buying class A drugs off a website and that your experience with drugs have actually been good. Not only that but you said "You never bought with intenet to supply". So obviously it wasnt just a one off was it? So you have lied here in front of respected memebers of the Royal Navy , some of which have actual dealings with recruiting future RN personel. Not important you think . If you were not joining up you're probably right.

Would you have siad all this on a Police forum? Why didnt you do what the others have done who have had these issues ? Asked the question, admitted you were bit stupid thanked everyone for their advice and shut the **** up. Such a shame .

DevNull

Midshipman
This thread has been on my mind . Dont know why , it has a certain sadness to it. DevNull , you come across as a literate and dare I say intelligent bloke despite your disasterous judgment call on this forum.

To come onto this forum and say the things you have shows that either you dropped your guard or honestly think that joining the Royal Navy and voiceing your opinions on drugs on a forum with professional recruitment staff , senior ranks within the service and what could be your oppo's in the future is a serious lack of judgment.

I can only think you thought this was just another random forum . Mistake one.

Mistake two, saying it was a one off in Amsterdam ,then you go off and admit to buying class A drugs off a website and that your experience with drugs have actually been good. Not only that but you said "You never bought with intenet to supply". So obviously it wasnt just a one off was it? So you have lied here in front of respected memebers of the Royal Navy , some of which have actual dealings with recruiting future RN personel. Not important you think . If you were not joining up you're probably right.

Would you have siad all this on a Police forum? Why didnt you do what the others have done who have had these issues ? Asked the question, admitted you were bit stupid thanked everyone for their advice and shut the **** up. Such a shame .

Fair words.

I see my errors, particularly in that I thought I was posting anonymously.

I only mentioned the Amsterdam thing at first as that is the only recent drug use that has occurred and would be relevant to the drugs test I was enquiring about. The rest is all in the past, but you're right in that I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Now I have some ex-RN police guy messaging me saying he's passing my details on to 'the relevant authorities', and that I've been warned.

About now I would probably just delete my account on here, but it doesn't seem like it's even possible.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Just tell them your dyslexic, it wasn't LSD you've used but TCP. Tell them you swallowed it and see if they do :)

blanket_counter

Midshipman
I don't think a debate about drugs is an appropriate one to have with serving Navy personnel. It's not likely you would have got a positive response. Probably should have just googled it.

In terms of stopping just because of your Navy application, you'll find you're too easy persuaded after you've had a few beers and could easily slip when you're in the service which could ruin your career. You stopping any form of drugs and your Navy application should be two separate things with separate reasons.

If it's weed you've smoked 'in Amsterdam', it would depend how long ago you smoked it and how much you smoked in period of time in relation to it showing up on your drugs test.

Is the Navy limiting alcohol consumption now? Did I read they're making some people on subs go dry?

SWS Fag

Lantern Swinger
Who gives a **** if this lad could put jimmy Hendrix to shame.

Who gives a **** if he has voiced his opinion which doesn't conform with RN policies.

He isn't serving yet so no harm done and who here can say 100% that he won't go on to have a successful career in the RN.

A few people in this thread have admitted to dabbling in drugs prior to service ( people in glass houses anyone?)

And some ex RN Police threatening him in private mail, what a throbbing c**t!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)