Joining Kit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Slumberine, Dec 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand the lads (and lesbians) are issued with a Pusser's Grip on joining (not a proper one with the leather handles, but a plastic one probably).

Is that it? No kit-bag, suitcase or 21st Century equiv.?

Cheers

2. They get a large grip that can altered to a rucksack and a daysack (smally ruck sack). The grip/rucksack jobby ain't bad, I bought on from slops (£14) when I went outside. They don't get issued half the kit we used to so don't need a kitbag etc.

3. How very strange...

4. Well said.

I would hate for anyone to think I was in any way being stereotypical, chauvinistic or intolerant. But I did forget the puffs.

5. Are we talking sugar puffs or wheat puffs?

Oh and don't worry about being chauvinistic, stereotyplical or intolerant (of what exactly)...you'll go on plenty of courses to sort out how you view these various 'issues'.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Does the thought of women on pusser's greys scare you? Just deleted what I wrote first as I can't decide if you're trying to be humerous or are just a daft old bigot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FFS! When you have to start explaining the joke then it really ceases to be funny at all (assuming it had even a modicum of humour). But that's a serious accusation that demands a gauntletted response!

At first, I wrote "lads and lasses" but I changed "lasses" later cause it made me laugh.

I was of course, just trying to inject a little bit of humour. A Navy with girls in it is not a Navy that I know, but it must surely be a better one. And no, I don't think they're all lesbians! (But I do live in hope that they're all bi.)

I can't of course, say the same for gay or bi men. After all, they've been around in the mob for hundreds of years, prob'ly.

8. tiddlyoggy

Okay, fair play; I apologise if I've taken your comments out of context. That is why I deleted the abusive part of my response, because I did have some doubt. As has been said before on here, without the benefit of being able to use tone of voice to impart humour it can be easily lost in the written word.

9. Victory is mine! :dance:

But seriously, I'm not offended in the slightest and I know what you mean. I'm a new here, so I'll try to use emoticons in future. But I reserve the right to make fun of anyone or any subject, to swear and curse, drip and moan whilst secretly being envious of any serving member of the armed forces, and deeply respectful of anyone who has previously served, including those who still think X Factor is good.

10. tiddlyoggy

We all rip the piss mate, so I doubt you'll offend anyone other than the occasional bone noob.

11. '

X Factor........,.... Come on Rylan.......... You little lesbian beauty :)

• Like Like x 1