Joining Date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Matt1993, Feb 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I finished the whole recruitment process about a month ago and i was told my waiting time would be 12 months (January 2015). Does anyone when would i be likely to have an actual date, rather than just a month?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Entry dates for some branches are currently being allocated for October/November 2014 and entrants are being notified now.

Sometimes, if it's a cancellation place, you'll only get a months or two notice, but in most cases you'll hear about 6 to 9 months before you're due to start.
  3. Thanks Ninja. Helpful as always! Really hoping i get a cancellation place and dont have to wait the full 12 months.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I have a question on this also.

Iv just had my medical, but need to go back just to have my weight checked. So haven't finished my joining process yet obviously.

Iv applied for medical assistant but looking on here and old threads about the waiting list for medical assistant it seems the waiting times are quite long.

Does anyone know the current waiting times? I'm just thinking if it's going to be a few years like iv read for previous year whether I can squeeze a degree in while waiting as I don't want to be doing nothing while waiting il go stir crazy.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Can't remember off the top of my head but MA is about 18+ months. Your application effectively freezes whilst you are TMU and those passing the initial Recruiting Test after you but passed fit to enter before you, will be allocated ahead of you.
  6. Thank you ninja :)

Thought that was the case, don't want to be sat around doing nothing while waiting. Apparently due to staffing I will have to wait at least 2 months for another medical date so will have to to just be patient.