joining date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cornwall_jake, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is anyone else joining the navy as a AET still to waiting to get a start date thru?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My guess is there's about 13 months' worth of young men & women similarly placed unfortunately.

Joining dates are currently being allocated for around May 2010 this last month, so those passing all elements of selection now are unlikely to receive notification of their start date much before June next year unless extra courses are announced.
  3. really i passed my rt tests on august 17th and was told will be 7 months from then
  4. I'm still waiting, apparently I'm 124th on the list of AETs, not sure how this relates to waiting times but it doesn't sound good :roll:
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

This is brilliant, feels like the years I waited for my B13.
  6. how did u find out where u were?
  7. The AFCO CA would have told him! Like I know that back in August I was either 13th or 14th (can't quite remember!) on the list for CTs. :)
  8. Yep, the AFCO said I had a long wait ahead of me as I was 124th on the list and might as well get on to this Armed Forces Prep Course. It doesn't really help knowing your position though because I have no idea how long it will take for the other 123 to get in.
  9. canyou just ring up and find out where you are on the list?
  10. I didn't ask for it specifically, it just came up in conversation when we were discussing how many the branch recruit per year and when. Like hamisatypeofcheese said, it doesn't make any difference anyway. A start date is a start date regardless.
  11. i know it dosint make any diff but it would still be nice to know how many people are a head of you to give you an idea
  12. Hasn't helped me, I still haven't got a fcuking clue....about most things :wink: