Joining Date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Vidsify, Jan 15, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm currently waiting for a starting date. Does anyone know how long this can roughly take?

2. Hi mate, may i suggest searching? It has been covered a million and one times. But for your benifit:

It varies on branch, AFCO & lots of other things. Was only 2 days after i passed my PJFT that i got my date. But i know a guy thats still waiting.

Hope you get your date soon mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers. I passed my PJFT 2 weeks ago
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you are joining as an Aircraft Handler, you'll be notified about 9 months ahead of an entry date, at about 19 months after passing your first PJFT.

If joining as an ET(MESM), you'll be notified about 1 month ahead of an entry date, at about a week or two after passing your PJFT.

The other 50-odd branches will be somewhere inbetween. Best bet is to speak to your AFCO.

Good luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OK thank you. I'm joining as a ET(WE)
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It depends what the estimated wait was when you first applied & whether that changed between passing the recruit test and passing the PJFT. Not 100% sure but off the top of my head, assuming there are no hold-ups along the way, I think it's about 13 months test to entry at present.

Your AFCO are best placed to advise as they know your individual circumstances.
  7. OK thank you very much