Joining Aussie Army after 22 yrs in RM - Info Reqd

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by dutybooty66, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm retiring from the Corps next August and am seriously considering joining the Aussie Army as this is a viable option for ex-SNCO's from UK Forces up to age 48. What i'm after is speaking or corresponding with someone who has made this switch in the reasonably near past (3-5 years or less). Alternatively if you know someone who has joined and would be able to put me in touch with them i would be grateful (e-mail below).
    I have done a great deal of research via the internet into the Aus Army and have received the application forms via their website i now want to talk to someone from UK who has made the switch and get some "ground truth" on pay, conditions, attitude etc etc.

Many thanks,

Stu

[email protected]

2. My cousin has just done it, he was a WOII in the Royal Logs, Ill find out for you.

3. Ta very much mac.

4. Hey Booty, I'm just coming towards the end of the process - out there in September. pm me if you want although I am not a booty, I am going into Oz Army

M