Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joining as dual citizen- need gcse/a levels?

Hello, I'm looking at joining as a pilot. I'm a dual British-American citizen, but I've never lived in the UK. Because of this I've never taken GCSEs or A-levels. Is there a US equivalent that will get me accepted? I tried the live chat on the navy website and they told me to check NARIC, but they charge a fee for checking equivalencies. Has anybody done this before? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

On 819 we had a USCG pilot on exchange. Very intelligent.

(Just a shit pilot).

He could calculate the square root of a mushwump doing mach speeds but pole handling!!!!!!! Questionable!!!

Oh! Good luck by the way.

Best bet, if not living in UK, is apply online as an overseas applicant (you are under no obligation to join). Be aware the application portal on the RN website is offline until next week as we're switching systems.

Once you've submitted an application the overseas desk will contact you via email and request you send scanned copies of all educational certificates so they can be verified by the Admiralty Interview Board (free of charge).

Hello, I'm looking at joining as a pilot. I'm a dual British-American citizen, but I've never lived in the UK. Because of this I've never taken GCSEs or A-levels. Is there a US equivalent that will get me accepted? I tried the live chat on the navy website and they told me to check NARIC, but they charge a fee for checking equivalencies. Has anybody done this before? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

If your US qualifications would enable entry to read, say, Astro Physics at anyone of the eight Ivy League's, then you'll stand a fair chance of being accepted into the Royal Navy . Best of luck!

Latest Threads