Joining as an Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Akritoi, Jul 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all, was wondering if I could get a bit of advice!

I've left University as it wasn't for me in the first place, but while there I was part of the Officer Training Corps and found I enjoyed the military aspect of things immensely. So, deciding to quit Uni, I went down to Carlisle Recruitment Office where I was told I had enough qualifications to join as an Officer. I've now decided to try out for it as, though I know it will be a challenge, I think it'll be fun.

I'm sitting my RT Test this Friday which I'll hopefully do alright in (I'm trying to remember how to do some maths given that I haven't done it since Standard Grade), and if I do alright in that, I'll be having an interview. I was just wondering if anybody knows the stages after that and what the best advice is to actually prepare oneself for that?

Cheers.

2. Read the newbies forum, it has all been done to death there.

3. A good site to visit is the RN site - HERE, but I'm assuming you have already done so.

Also, there are a lot of stickies at the top of this forum which you have probably already browsed. If the info is not already in there, can you be more specific about what branch you want to join?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

5. Thanks for the links, I'll check them over.

Cheers,

Stuart