Joining as an MA

A_MacK101

I’m currently applying to join as an MA, I’ve had my interview and triage call at the end of October but haven’t heard anything since from AFCO or Capita regarding medical
They had to get information off my doctor but the doctors have sent all the information to them and I’m just waiting.
What’s everybody typical waiting time between the triage call and actually medical?

JackyBoy

Midshipman
I’m currently applying to join as an MA, I’ve had my interview and triage call at the end of October but haven’t heard anything since from AFCO or Capita regarding medical
They had to get information off my doctor but the doctors have sent all the information to them and I’m just waiting.
What’s everybody typical waiting time between the triage call and actually medical?
Hi I'm also applying to be an MA!

Capita got my info from my GP on Monday this week and I got an email on Friday telling me a Capita doctor will be reviewing the information early next week. Not sure if I'll find out the result that day or not

Have you rung Capita to check if they've got everything they need? I found them helpful (so far) to be honest

A_MacK101

I emailed them on Tuesday to see if they have everything they need to know however have received no response.
Do you have a number to ring as I could only find the email online

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Double chheck with your GP surgery practice manager - that's where the delays usually lay.

Very often the surgery will tell you they have replied. What they mean is they've sent their invoice and are awaiting payment before they supply the information requested. If they require payment upfront, you can usually add a month until it is paid & the surgery extract a digit - bearing in mind, the GP is there for Primary Healthcare, so will not usually prioritise routine Occupational Health issues for job-hunters.

Once the requested info is received, it's usually a couple of weeks until you are contacted.

lumc6

Midshipman
I'm also applying to be an MA and I'm in the exact same boat as you at the moment! My GP has sent away 2 lots of requested information and with the first one I received an email the week after saying they had a date for a Capita doctor to investigate them. Haven't heard anything concerning the other but hopefully shouldn't be too long to hear back now, just need to be patient as frustrating as it may be!