Joining as a rating after AIB fail. Advice needed

Boab1994

Midshipman
Hi, I failed AIB in March and after quietly sulking in a corner for a few months I'm ready to join up again... This time as a rating.
I am now looking to join as a ET-ME(SM).
I know that I am in date for my recruit test but I am receiving mixed messages about my medical and if I will nref to retake it.

Cheers

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Boab1994

Midshipman
Thank you. And yes I have spoken to my AFCO and they are the people giving me the mixed messages as to my medical. Thank you

soleil

War Hero
Hi, I failed AIB in March and after quietly sulking in a corner for a few months I'm ready to join up again... This time as a rating.
I am now looking to join as a ET-ME(SM).
I know that I am in date for my recruit test but I am receiving mixed messages about my medical and if I will nref to retake it.

Cheers

Have you spoken to your ACLO since your AIB? What did he/she say?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Boab1994
user-online.png
Thank you. And yes I have spoken to my AFCO and they are the people giving me the mixed messages as to my medical. Thank you

Don't speak to the pongo or crab ones then - go to Jack direct.

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The recruiting test remains valid 3 years, the medical stays valid unless you have incurred injury, visited your GP or A&E (or whatever they call it today) since the last medical, the PJFT remains valid 12 months, SC 12 months. You'll also need to undergo a Rating's selection Interview.

Boab1994

Midshipman
I have had no reply from my ACLO since AIB. Thank you
ninja stoker Thank you for your help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

jaggers

Lantern Swinger
Are you in the RNR? Might be better if you just joined it (and NOW is the time!), got your commission that way and then went in as a regular?

Boab1994

Midshipman
I am not in the RNR and I was given a 24 months resit timescale for AIB, so my plan was to stay at the bottom and get in sooner.

Rachelthree

War Hero
'The bottom' isn't a consolation prize and you are not guranteed to be able to work your way up, i would wait the 2 years if i were you rather than be stuck in a role you are only doing to get in quicker at a level you don't aspire to. Good luck though whatever you decide

soleil

War Hero
I have had no reply from my ACLO since AIB. Thank you
ninja stoker Thank you for your help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

ACLOs contact all candidates within 14 days of the candidate's return from his/her AIB for a debrief though. Did that not happen?

BTW, which Officer role did you apply for and how old are you? What tripped you up at the AIB?

Last edited:

Boab1994

Midshipman
No I have had no response from my ACLO after AIB. And I was told I was poor overall mainly my general knowledge

Latest Threads