Joining as a Holy Man

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gigglingbadger, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do priests have to do basic training and have to pass fitness and weapons handling tests?

2. This should be good

3. Fixed that for you, no charge

• Like Like x 3
  4. "With a stick of incense...LOAD....thurible to full auto....sinners will fall when hit....FIRE!!"

• Like Like x 1

5. Do they get special pay to tempt young boys?

6. Daily issue of a bag of Dolly Mixtures perhaps.

7. I think crack would attract more youngiuns these days.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Aye, the young crack is the root of all evil..........

9. Mods remove this clown

• Like Like x 1
  10. wet_blobby

Where's your sense of adventure?

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]

He appears to be in school

12. Deep six tonight.

13. Why? It's a genuine question, I didn't say I was one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  14. Now, now lads.

Enough of the Bish Bashing.

15. I beg to differ, you're an extremely big tumescent one.

16. wet_blobby

If you can do the dance of the flaming *********, on stage, pissed, in front of your flock, then, and only then will become a legend. God finds many ways to tickle servicemen, starting a thread about the sky pilot probably isn't the cleverest pisstake, we hold them high in our strange little ways. **** with God and his main man and you're toast bro.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[bite shield-up]Bish's can join up to age 50 so the phys standards are appropriate to age, as with all other branches. APWT is not compulsory for clergy so far as I'm aware, but a few have completed the All Arms Commando Course lugging a comparably weighted religious sceptre rather than an SA80. Amen[/bite shield-down]

More here: http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/77a96677e1a940bfad3b66f33bd27eba-0x0.pdf

18. wet_blobby

.....and all who have the green lid that I've met are ******* delightful fruitcakes.

19. wal

wal Badgeman

If your a left footer make sure that you can drink.

20. All I do know about the job after speaking with the Bish on Ocean last year is that you have to have served as a parish priest for a minimum of 1-2 years first. No idea about the weapons bit. They may get a bit of basic training on how to clear a weapon but thats about it. I'm pretty sure that they are not allowed to carry Arms even in times of conflict. Geneva convention and all that.