Joining and psychometric test.

hi guys. i have my psychometric test on the 20th march, im extremely nervous for it. my heart is set on the military.

im looking for tips on the whole joining process and the test itself. im really worried about the maths side so if anyone has any tips on that id be grateful.
what should i wear?
should i shake the officers hand?
what % should i aim for and what is a pass mark to be a Writer.
how should i conduct myself?
what comes up in the test?

any others tips???

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
hi guys. i have my psychometric test on the 20th march, im extremely nervous for it. my heart is set on the military.

im looking for tips on the whole joining process and the test itself. im really worried about the maths side so if anyone has any tips on that id be grateful.
what should i wear?

any others tips???
First of all I'm 16, and I'm a school dropout and didn't pass a single class, but I passed all sections of the test and got the mark for my chosen role, I was extremely nervous aswell as I'd put so much aside to focus on the navy for months, at the end of it I realised there was nothing to worry about and to fail for every role, you're just a thicko.
The thing about shaking the officers hand etc may sound stupid but I do understand that you worry about even the small details, I did too.
When you get to the test just be very polite but don't be a twat, it's an exam. If he puts his hand out then shake it, or just put your hand out and say who you are, there's no harm in it.
Don't worry about the test, if you fail then practice and retake it, if you pass be prepared for a whole load of more obstacles but always remember if you want it Its worth it.
And the what % to aim for ? The highest % possible. No harm in getting more score than what you need.
To put it in perspective for Logistician(Writer) you need a score of 63.
The role that needs the highest score (as far as I know) is Comunications technician which you need a score of 90.
Wear a shirt and tie/suit, just remember the tie...
Good luck !

Last edited:
Ey up,

Don’t be worried. The test is chilled and even though some questions can be tricky there are many others that are dead easy! The test is literally about timings and how long it takes you to answer the questions. So make sure you do a lot of practicing beforehand to ensure that you don’t spend too long on each question. Likewise if you don’t know the answer and your running out of time then just guess it, never leave a question unanswered.

Arrive dressed smart, i wore a shirt and tie with the finest pair of trousers I owned at the time. Be confident, and have a chat with the others there as you wont be the only nervous one.

All the best.

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman

what should i wear?

any others tips???

what should i wear?

any others tips???

First of all I'm 16, and I'm a school dropout and didn't pass a single class, but I passed all sections of the test and got the mark for my chosen role, I was extremely nervous aswell as I'd put so much aside to focus on the navy for months, at the end of it I realised there was nothing to worry about and to fail for every role, you're just a thicko.
The thing about shaking the officers hand etc may sound stupid but I do understand that you worry about even the small details, I did too.
When you get to the test just be very polite but don't be a twat, it's an exam. If he puts his hand out then shake it, or just put your hand out and say who you are, there's no harm in it.
Don't worry about the test, if you fail then practice and retake it, if you pass be prepared for a whole load of more obstacles but always remember if you want it Its worth it.
And the what % to aim for ? The highest % possible. No harm in getting more score than what you need.
To put it in perspective for Logistician(Writer) you need a score of 63.
The role that needs the highest score (as far as I know) is Comunications technician which you need a score of 90.
Wear a shirt and tie/suit, just remember the tie...
Good luck !

thank you so much!!!

Ey up,

Don’t be worried. The test is chilled and even though some questions can be tricky there are many others that are dead easy! The test is literally about timings and how long it takes you to answer the questions. So make sure you do a lot of practicing beforehand to ensure that you don’t spend too long on each question. Likewise if you don’t know the answer and your running out of time then just guess it, never leave a question unanswered.

Arrive dressed smart, i wore a shirt and tie with the finest pair of trousers I owned at the time. Be confident, and have a chat with the others there as you wont be the only nervous one.

All the best.
thanks for your help!