Joining after national service in the German navy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Oliver_H, Jun 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I have just finished my 9 months of national service in the German navy and would like to know if I can still join the Royal Navy as an Officer
  2. Unfortunately Oliver it looks bleak judging from the Royal Navy's website:

Residing in the UK for three years and having UK Citizenship looks like the major requirements, but see if you can contact a Careers Advisor about your chances. Best of Luck
  3. Hi Oliver

Do you hold a British or a German passport?
  4. Hi Oliver,

If you are in the UK the best thing to do would be to pop into your nearest AFCO.

If you are still in Germany then the best option would be to ring our Overseas recruiting line No. 0044 1604 640015.

If you have dual nationality then there maybe options for you to join the RN at some level.

Hope this helps

5. If you hang around abit Ninja will be along and he will be able to answer your questions :thumright:
  6. I have dual nationality as my Father is British. I don't have a British passport at the moment, but that's just a formality(my brother applied for his last year and it was no problem).
    Thanks for all the answers :thumright:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Supermario beat me to it!

(He's a Careers Adviser too, although not as handsome as me by all accounts).[​IMG]
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You were hired for your brains, not your looks... :afro:
  9. Try turning the light on next time your in the bathroom Ninja or are you still under stoppage of sharp objects (Razors etc).

10. Ninja_Stoker

Oh, that's right.

Everyone gang up on me, why don't you.
  11. sgtpepperband

S'okay. You'll have the last laugh... by letting people like Tikka join up! :twisted:
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Hmmn, unfortunately the RN Service Police do not take direct entrants. (m8)
  13. Chico and Sitmus will be along shortly Oliver, they are the true experts on all recruiting questions.
    Although it does seem of late that the Ninja is getting help from all quarters. I'm sure he's grateful.
  14. sgtpepperband

...and for that I am eternally gr8ful! :thumright:
  15. Hi Oliver

What was the result of your enquiry about joining the RN after serving with the German Navy?
  16. I got the answer:
    "You should be eligible to apply. I see no reason why the german navy should affect you."
    I'll get more information from a AFCO when I vistite my family in GB this summer.
    Thanks for all your answers
  17. Just make sure when going to the AFCO ''Your paperz are in order!'' Guffaw....