Join up as a Reggy?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by notters, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all...im new so dont give me too much greif please.

I am interested in joining the RN as either pti or reggy. But as far as i was aware you had to join up as a trade and then after a few years sideways transfer. But...some people have now told me that you can join UP as a reggy?

is this true?

thanks

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Not true. Gash dit. Sideway entry only. If you wanna join up as a Policeman or PTI, then try the Army or RAF.

3. There is no direct entry into either the Navy Police or Physical Training branch.

As you said you must join up in another trade and look to transfer once in service.

Army and RAF both have direct entry.

Best of luck

SM

:nemo:

4. Why would you want to join as a reggie? Surely you must fail at all the other branches first, as it has always been.

5. And then have no friends except the Joss

6. Who the F***K would want to be a crusher. the LRPO who dropped me in it twice within a week told me their motto was " Bear no malice " !!!? right :pukel:

7. Why not simply sit in your armchair, borrow your granny's knitting needles and firmly insert into your eye balls. This would be far preferable than considering to be a snake.

Have a nice day
    IDOITDEEPER

8. Notters, if you want to be a copper, why don't you join the real ones?

Who in their right mind would want to be a makee learnee one?

9. Seconded
    And you will be paid at a realistic rate from day1 :thumright:

10. I find notters first post both deep and profound ( welcome to the site by the way) It is both enlightening and refreshing, that we have another newbie who should really join the RAF or Army but wishes to drag down our Great Naval Traditions with crap like that, tho` it does beg the question why anyone would wan`t to join up as a reggie, what with vacancies at Macdonalds or even flogging the Big Issue. :w00t:

11. Per'aps the prospect of flogging someone attracts 'im to the mob, should we tell 'im its no longer a recognised punishment or maybe he's attracted by the idea of universal unpopularity, in which case I understand that traffic wardens get paid much more money. Anyway I firmly believe he shoud find some enemies of his own, before inheriting the prejudices of an entire service.

12. Methinks this is a wind up post, norm?

13. Even flogging the Big Issue has been taken over by East Euopeans and immigrants up here.There was a seller who I always gave a quid to (an ex-serviceman) who's pitch has been taken over by Gypsy.

14. Well isn't that good news?

Although the easy response may be to post irrelevancies about it (maybe write to the Daily Mail as well), a bit of logical thought might suggest that your ex-serviceman friend has now got a roof over his head.

15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't think it matters how much bate is laid out you'll never get a nibble in this topic.

Hang on!!!!

Looking at the number of posts by some members. Retired members, thousands of posts, serving members at least knock a zero off the end. Except serving members pushing a desk making themselves important.

Up the NDA.