John Phesse RIP

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by NoFaultFound, Aug 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found out yesterday that John Phesse had sadly passed away last week. I knew John for a number of years since first meeting him on a basketball court during a tiffs sports afternoon at Daedalus, unfortunately I was on the other side and John beat us single handedly. I was then fortunate enough to serve with John on a number of occasions and a nicer guy you could not hope to meet. John had been bravely battling a serious illness for a long time, and will be sadly missed by his friends and colleagues. My thoughts and sincere condolences go to his wife and children.
    RIP John, you were a true gentleman and I am glad to say that I knew you.

2. Didn't know him, but if he wore the Blue Siut, RIP, shipmate.

3. My thoughts are with your family.You battled your illness with great dignity and strength.RIP.

4. A nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet. He will be sadly missed.

5. Ditto all the above.

Was at a Plumbers Dinner with him 1 month before he fell ill and it was a total shock to hear he had.

Nicer bloke you could not hope to meet.

Our thoughts are with you and you family John

6. never met the guy personally but heard oldies and boldies talking about him in both houmorous and awed terms

7. Only recently found this thread and a total shock. I knew him as a SR and as an Officer. A real gentleman.