John Fisher

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 7Para, Apr 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any shed some light on this mans career, all i know is that he served as the CO at the Trng Depot. Please pm me and not reply as i dont ewant to leave this info in forums.

Many thanks

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What's your interest? Some may be cautious to give info to someone who's only posted on item... :?

3. Saint John Fisher also John Cardinal Fisher (c. 1469 – 1535), was an English Catholic bishop, cardinal and martyr. Couldn't find much on him being at Trng depot though, soz :)

4. Hello Norman, we haven't met yet. I know it's been suggested before, but you really need to find a new hobby. May I suggest you try collecting navel/belly button lint and knit a sweater with it?

5. Thanks for all comments, I had a few replies via PM that got me what I was after. I sent the chap a letter and in response was told to "back off" or i'll f**K up your carrer, funny, if I had one it might have been a warning, but hey ho.

I have found out where the chap lives and it's just down the road from me so I have been to eat in his local pub to see if I could meet with him, but 3 years on and no luck yet.

I am after any info anyone can give me on the chap, did you serve with him, what was he like, any photos?
    Any help would be muchly appriciated... If you haven't already worked out why I seek this info, PM me.

6. Who's John Fisher?

I love a good outing.

7. A phrase including the verb 'chercher' springs to mind.

8. I served with him. Great bloke and very helpful. Always backed up his shipmates. Just don't F*** with him, he'll have you for breakfast and won't even break into a sweat. Next time you're in the boozer, ask the landlord to point him out. :)

9. I can't believe how long it took me to realise what that verb meant. So, who is the 'femme'? If it's 9er-D, wouldn't that have been ironic?

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Alors, We seek him here....

Dunno who john is, but I like the cut of his jib already.

This has to be the slowest case of spamming in the forum history. Well done.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I bet the pub manager rues the day he put that "All you can eat" fixed price menu up, 3 years back.

• Like Like x 1