Jocks brew Matelot strength beverage.

Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a "cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."
Well Jack, if you have to ask that question, you sure as hell will never understand the answer. It’s called taste. Strong ale tastes of strong ale and watered whisky tastes of watered whisky.

When will the anti alcohol Gestapo get it through their thick, sanctimonious heads that some of us drink without the express purpose of getting p**sed? A p**s head could buy a lot of 40% ABV whisky for £30; a bloody lot more than 33cc.

I wish I could aford to try some Tokyo, let alone Tactical Nuclear Penguin!

Drakey. Good point. Bringing back the Tot by "other means".

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a "cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."
Well Jack, if you have to ask that question, you sure as hell will never understand the answer. It’s called taste. Strong ale tastes of strong ale and watered whisky tastes of watered whisky.

When will the anti alcohol Gestapo get it through their thick, sanctimonious heads that some of us drink without the express purpose of getting p**sed? A p**s head could buy a lot of 40% ABV whisky for £30; a bloody lot more than 33cc.

I wish I could aford to try some Tokyo, let alone Tactical Nuclear Penguin!

Drakey. Good point. Bringing back the Tot by "other means".
What? :scratch:

stan_the_man said:
I bet the haggis shaggers start injecting it
As a Glasweigan, I find this insult racist, biggoted and hilarious.

Up here this Penguin beer is known as an alco-pop (The kids get weaned onto it easier due to the happy penguin chappy on the front)

It should be taken with sheep, either on a date or in a kebab.

WhiteRose

Lantern Swinger
It's £30 a bottle. I'd rather have a good strength single malt for that.

Although many years back I did buy a 50% 'beer' in the US, a limited edition Sam Adams special in a beautiful mock-copper masher. Cost me a bloody packet.

The ex kept it when we divorced.

I'm still bitter about that.

R077 said:
stan_the_man said:
I bet the haggis shaggers start injecting it
As a Glasweigan, I find this insult racist, biggoted and hilarious.

Up here this Penguin beer is known as an alco-pop (The kids get weaned onto it easier due to the happy penguin chappy on the front)

It should be taken with sheep, either on a date or in a kebab.
:D