Discussion in 'The Corps' started by 89stavanger, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from the RM what other jobs have you guys had that paid well, i'm leaving school and i've got 6 months to earn as much as possible. So any advice would be welcome. So far i've been told to get a job as a phlebotomist (the guys who take blood from you in the NHS) who get £20 an hour with no special qualifications. Other ideas include trying to be a personal trainer for fat rich people. Anyone know other jobs that pay as well as this?
  2. Male Prostitute :thumright:
    Drugs Dealer :thumright:
    Hitman (Mafia) :thumright:
    Bank Robber :thumright:
    Pop Star :thumright:
    Airline Pilot :thumright:
    MP :thumright:
    CEO Stock Exchange 100 top companies :thumright:
    Madonna's next husband :thumright:
    Tiffy :thumright:

Just to start the ball rolling

3. you have any experience of any of those? lol
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nah, Nutty just pays their wages directly & indirectly mate.
  5. Labourer on a building site mate.
    Good earnings and good upper body work out too ;)
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Excellent advice for potential RM Commandos, plus the fact it's outdoors- something you're going to become only too familiar with if you join the Corps.
  7. Im currently a doorman,not amazing money ,but its fairly good. If i do daytime security in the right area's i can make a lot more. Had enough of dealing with numptys all the time though,the general public are tw*ts
  8. how much an hour normally?
  9. Just about all of them after 3 years as a CID Officer at Heathrow Airport, OK not the Bank Robber.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

89 stav, you just left school? who the fcuk is going to give you a responsible job? probably have no idea about alchohol, security guard? what you going to do if someone says to you "fcuk you skin" switch on, your in the real world now.
  11. wasn't asking about wages as a doorman was asking about wages as a labourer. I'm not quite fcukin stupid enough to try and be a 18 year old doorman, close though..
  12. lol,im only 19 and im a doorman ,and landed myself a job in the best venue in town.As long as your proffesional,polite,and are a bit handy then its not a bad job.Helps if you have some size/front though as people wont walk all over you!
  13. not that the marines are paid well at all, it should be double.