Jobs for the Boys

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Mar 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In other political news Chris Grayling, justice secretary, wants to scrap the human rights charter................................
    IF the Tories are re-elected with a good majority.

Justice Secretary Chris Grayling is quoted in the Sunday Telegraph as saying he would expect a future majority Conservative government to scrap the Human Rights Act, which the Lib Dems are committed to defending.
    The act, which enshrines the European Convention on Human Rights in British law and was introduced under the last Labour government, would be abolished if the Conservatives won a majority at the next general election, he said.
    "We cannot go on with a situation where people who are a threat to our national security, or who come to Britain and commit serious crimes, are able to cite their human rights when they are clearly wholly unconcerned for the human rights of others," Mr Grayling told the paper.

2. if a job as a European Commisioner is in Cameron's gift he is hardly likely to give it to anyone other than a fellow Tory.It probably serves two purposes.Gets a pain in the rectum out from under his feet and saves him the trouble of having to keep him sweet after Plebgate.BTW whatever happened to the big investigation we were told was going to be quickly completed 3 months ago into that little hooha?

3. What a surprise, the boys looking after their own. Personnally I wouldn't piss on either of them if they were on fire.

4. I think I would

5. The big picture means that we are all being done up like a kipper!

6. Be interesting to see which way it goes, Clegg thought the job was his as a reward for throwing his lot in with "call me Dave" now it seems he has a competitor.

Just when he thought he'd got it sorted to be able to go & live in Spain on a nice UK supplied salary it goes tit's up, he must be well & truly "pissed off"

Honour amongst thieves? I think not.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. Whats that saying ?......keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

8. Ain't that the truth!

9. I tried that.................and I still got shafted. !!

10. ^ you need to have a team behind you just like in godfather!