Joanna Lumley

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by w.anchor, Jul 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Joanna Lumley has been hailed as a daughter of Nepal for the work she has done for the Gurkha's right to British citizenship on her visit to Nepal.
    She should also be hailed as a Daughter of Britain, in my view she represents all that is good about British fair play.
  2. Hear hear ,

Ps i`d give er one :wink:
  3. Joanna Lumley for President. Sorry I forgot Bliar has that job!!!

What a prat she made of that snivelling little Minister.

And a great vegetarian figurehead!!
  4. So she doesn't eat meat? Shame....... :twisted:
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

After all the hilarious TV comedy over the years, the funniest spot she has ever done was when she put that snivelling, drivelling minister back in his box. By the time she had finished with him, earthworm would have been a promotion for him.

The sad thing is that the Gurkhas have probably priced themselves out of a job now if they are going to cost the same as UK troops.
  6. Here is always payback and this i am afraid is it the bqs$%£ds :( :cry: :x
  7. Joanna "Lovely" Lumley... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  8. Steve I am certainly starting to worry over these newly found hetero tendencies :p
  9. Quite!
    Sadly she is stirring up a hornets nest.
    In law the Gurkhas are mercenaries. Tough little chaps that they are -They are soldiers of fortune They fight for money. They have no natural loyalty to the Union Flag-- Admire them as I do--One cannot shrink from the truth however.
  10. In law the Gurkhas are members of the British Army. You should Know that better tnhan most on here Major :twisted: Norman
  11. In law they are non-British passport -holders Common law doesn't apply to aliens which they sadly are-- Commonwealth citizens are regarded differently however
    Be as rude as you like The facts are not altered.
  12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

tinkerbellend wrote

Not by you Norman.

Geneva Convention

Our Nepalese friends are no more mercenaries than (the many) citizens of the Irish Republic serving in HM Forces.

Slim wrote
    Local acting junior assistant sea cadets know better than Norman.
  13. This thread should be kept near the top.

And still as beautiful today at 61.

14. she could always eat an orange through a tennis racket bless her
  15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Warning order; as lush as Miss Lumley is, this thread isn't for her fan club to coo or drool.

Norman will continue to drool until his latest RR ASBO comes through.
  16. Well done for and at Nepal Jo L.

Now please get your sweet a***e back to UK ASAP & start fronting up for the changes sorely needed to make adequate and ongoing provision for past/future/present BRIT Service casualties.

Bob L