Jet stream heading towards Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Flagdeck, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. "New data from the Met Office suggests the situation is changing, however, and by Saturday the jet stream will be closer to where it belongs."

Faslane can get their 3 coats out again One drying the one they are wearing and the 3rd one to put on incase the 1st ones not dry, and you can go back to the normal weather forecast, if you can see across the lock it is about to rain if you cannot see across the lock it’s raining.

Weirdest weather up there one time coming up the lock, weather report from Fin, rain to Starb, sunshine ahead, snow to Port

2. Have they put a Lock across Rhu Narrows or something :lol:

3. HMNB Clyde (Faslane) lies on the eastern shore of Gare Loch in Argyll and Bute, Scotland, to the north of the Firth of Clyde and 25 mi (40 km) west of the city of Glasgow.

Ok Loch and not Lock, you cannot expect use to be able to spell in foreign languages

4. So shouldn't it have been sea lake?

5. Loch Scottish Gaelic and Irish word for a lake or a sea inlet, as I said foreign

6. I do hope the jet stream moving north doesn't affect my weather here - we have had 10 days of rain since November and on Saturday just in from the coast it was 43.

Lovin' it - beats the shit out of Faslavatory or AFD 60 (as was). Never even got 43F there!!

7. Bender
    agree with you but 43 deg C far to bloody hot, last time I was in the South of
    France it was 37 and that was too hot, I had to stand in a cool swimming pool
    to drink my red wine, or I would over heat, felt much better in the evenings
    once the red wine had time to soak in?

8. Ah, that's 'cos you is a grockle, or as the Frogs say, un Grock le! It is amazing how quickly you become acclimatised - we don't even have air-con. But you are right 43 is too hot. It's a balmy 33 with a nice little breeze off the sea at the moment, so into the hot tub, with no heating so it's a cold tub, with either a glass of ice cold cava or a G&T. Sod it, I might even have both!

9. The good thing about drinking in the hot tub is you never need go to the heads, even when you've broken the seal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. See all I did was follow the locals stand in cool water and drink the local wine, as we stayed in the LANGUEDOC region, it would be impolite to not sample the local vino de calapso, we stayed in Chateau Ventenac-en-Minervois, Languedoc, if picture works a picture of the pool

[​IMG]

11. I'm living down south and finally the sun has decided to put his hat on and come out to play. Now i can smell the fresh air, and feel the breeze under my sack as it flaps in the wind.

12. Gosh, not another naked rambler? Beware or they'll lock you up, too, Sunshine!

13. Not one to complain, but I have been on scaffolding (not an ex OEA) this weekend, sorting my roof and guttering out and it’s been too hot, must admit did not let anything swing in the breeze only sacks were gash sacks but plumbers/builders bum was on full view.