Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jet stream heading towards Scotland

Sumo

War Hero
"New data from the Met Office suggests the situation is changing, however, and by Saturday the jet stream will be closer to where it belongs."

Faslane can get their 3 coats out again One drying the one they are wearing and the 3rd one to put on incase the 1st ones not dry, and you can go back to the normal weather forecast, if you can see across the lock it is about to rain if you cannot see across the lock it’s raining.

Weirdest weather up there one time coming up the lock, weather report from Fin, rain to Starb, sunshine ahead, snow to Port

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I do hope the jet stream moving north doesn't affect my weather here - we have had 10 days of rain since November and on Saturday just in from the coast it was 43.

Lovin' it - beats the shit out of Faslavatory or AFD 60 (as was). Never even got 43F there!!

Sumo

War Hero
I do hope the jet stream moving north doesn't affect my weather here - we have had 10 days of rain since November and on Saturday just in from the coast it was 43.

Lovin' it - beats the shit out of Faslavatory or AFD 60 (as was). Never even got 43F there!!
Bender
agree with you but 43 deg C far to bloody hot, last time I was in the South of
France it was 37 and that was too hot, I had to stand in a cool swimming pool
to drink my red wine, or I would over heat, felt much better in the evenings
once the red wine had time to soak in?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Ah, that's 'cos you is a grockle, or as the Frogs say, un Grock le! It is amazing how quickly you become acclimatised - we don't even have air-con. But you are right 43 is too hot. It's a balmy 33 with a nice little breeze off the sea at the moment, so into the hot tub, with no heating so it's a cold tub, with either a glass of ice cold cava or a G&T. Sod it, I might even have both!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The good thing about drinking in the hot tub is you never need go to the heads, even when you've broken the seal.

Sumo

War Hero
But you are right 43 is too hot. It's a balmy 33 with a nice little breeze off the sea at the moment, so into the hot tub, with no heating so it's a cold tub, with either a glass of ice cold cava or a G&T. Sod it, I might even have both!

See all I did was follow the locals stand in cool water and drink the local wine, as we stayed in the LANGUEDOC region, it would be impolite to not sample the local vino de calapso, we stayed in Chateau Ventenac-en-Minervois, Languedoc, if picture works a picture of the pool

ISeeThreeShips

Badgeman
I'm living down south and finally the sun has decided to put his hat on and come out to play. Now i can smell the fresh air, and feel the breeze under my sack as it flaps in the wind.

Sumo

War Hero
I'm living down south and finally the sun has decided to put his hat on and come out to play. Now i can smell the fresh air, and feel the breeze under my sack as it flaps in the wind.

Not one to complain, but I have been on scaffolding (not an ex OEA) this weekend, sorting my roof and guttering out and it’s been too hot, must admit did not let anything swing in the breeze only sacks were gash sacks but plumbers/builders bum was on full view.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Prepare for lift-off: Jet Zero Council to deliver carbon-free flight MoD News 0
M Jet fuel in the FAA The Fleet Air Arm 42
soleil Guardian: "Man Accidentally Ejects Himself From Fighter Jet During Surprise Flight" The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil YT: "End of the Stig? - Super Jaguar Vs Harrier Jet - Top Gear" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil EDP: "Top Gear Hosts Second Car-Versus-Fighter-Jet Challenge" The Fleet Air Arm 12
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS HMS Queen Elizabeth sails to US for fighter jet trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second Lightning fighter jet squadron arrives in UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Future of JET secured with new European contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New fast jet training takes off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK to double F-35 fleet with 17-jet order, Defence Secretary announces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British-armed F-35B Lightning jet takes to the skies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Queen Elizabeth sets off for F-35B fighter jet trials MoD News 0
BFRS Do you have fast jet or large rotary wing experience? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: New stealth fighter jet 'takes off' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary in Doha as multi-billion pound jet contract with Qatar is signed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 jet and new batch of UK pilots cleared for Carrier take-off, Defence... MoD News 2
J Pilot: How are you streamed into fast jet or rotary when going through training? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Good CO Sunday Times - RAF 'to double Fast Jet squadrons' in SDSR, Army to do badly... Current Affairs 27
MoD_RSS News story: F35B jet begins first ski-jump launch and weapons testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Major investment to boost UK fast jet home in East of England MoD News 1
Ships_Cat Pilot lands faulty fighter jet on a stool at sea The Fleet Air Arm 20
soleil "F-35 Lightning II Jet To Make Maiden British Flight" The Fleet Air Arm 7
soleil Mail: "BehinD The Scenes With The British Pilots Learning To Fly F-35 Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Mail: "One For Hovering Buyers: Harrier Jump Jet For Sale" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Telegraph: "UK Orders Near For F-35 'Stealth’ Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 46
scouse Jet engine explodes Current Affairs 6
P Easy Jet - London bound - photo query The Gash Barge 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF airlift Britain's first jet fighter to new home MoD News 0
soleil Pompey News: "Simulator Puts Pilots Into The Flying Seat For Fighter Jet Training" The Fleet Air Arm 0
T BBC News - F-35 fighter jet fleet grounded by Pentagon Current Affairs 31
MoD_RSS News story: Double first for French and British fast jet pilots MoD News 0
soleil Telegraph: "Inside The F-35, The World's Most Futuristic Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 2
Olly013 I want to be a jet pilot! Helicopter pilot vs jet pilot. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
BillyNoMates You don't have to look like Jet Li to be a Ninja-a-a-aaaa Diamond Lil's 4
S US Navy F-18 Jet Crash Current Affairs 2
soleil BBC News: "How To Land An F-35 Jet Fighter At Sea The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy’s New Fighter Jet Flown By British Pilot For First Time" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil Mail: "RAF And Royal Navy Pilots In The Cockpit On Your British Airways Holiday Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Scotsman: "Minister 'Misspoke Over Fast-jet Pledge For New Carriers'" The Fleet 0
scouse Jet Provost Overhead The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil T'grph: "Forces Prepare For Axe To Fall On Fighter Jet Fleet In Drastic Cuts Package" Current Affairs 14
T What CAS really thinks of Fast Jet aircrew The Gash Barge 7
soleil Register: "USN Says Electric Jet-Flinger Tech Looking Good" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Pompey News: "Speculation Mounting Over Carrier Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil BBC: "Joint Strike Fighter: Jet That's A 'Spy In The Sky'" The Fleet Air Arm 9
soleil T'graph: "Harrier Jump Jet Is Hung From Tate Britain's Roof" The Fleet Air Arm 10
soleil Pompey News: "Harriers jet in to Ark Royal" The Fleet Air Arm 1
Merlin28 The New Jet Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
soleil Guardian: "MoD to slash Jet Fighter orders" The Fleet Air Arm 1