Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JENNY Side Party BEM

brigham600 said:
Did the DT steal that obituary from RR then? :)

Almost. :) The original tribute to Jenny was written by naval historian Charles Addis, a retired Lt Cdr who served much of his career in Hong Kong including having Command of the Admiralty tug Claire, used for anti-II (Illegal Immigrants) patrols. He exchanged cards and letters with Jenny right up to her demise. Look out for a spread in the Pompey News within the next couple of days too.

nobby0919

Lantern Swinger
Jennys side party girls painted the engine room bilges of HMS Forth - WHITE. All the lower plates were unscrewed & lifted up to do this .Walking across the plate framing to do some maintenanc,e I inadvertently trod on the back of one old girl,who emitted a most piercing scream.
A week out from HK all the white paint came off as they could never degrease the bilges sufficiently.I think it was all down to the Senior Engineer who must have had Royal Yacht delusions.

In addition to Jenny does anyone remember Peanuts the laundryman who would come down the messdeck and delve into the coat locker and individual's lockers looking for dirty Kit. He would remove several items screaming "Filthy dirty" and spirit them away withoug consent to appear a day or so later laundered or cleaned. His catch phrase was "Free now pay pay day"

Gombear

War Hero
OldSparker said:
In addition to Jenny does anyone remember Peanuts the laundryman who would come down the messdeck and delve into the coat locker and individual's lockers looking for dirty Kit. He would remove several items screaming "Filthy dirty" and spirit them away withoug consent to appear a day or so later laundered or cleaned. His catch phrase was "Free now pay pay day"

I remember Peanuts well. He pursuaded me to pay the overdue bill for one of my messmates. Then the so called "messmate" refused to reimburse me;degenerate paiso cnut!
Peanuts was a great character.

G

ganges62

Just like to add , regrets to hear of passing of JENNY OF SIDE PARTY FAME, having been out the FES a few times,and getting to know the ropes, I saved, salvaged, eer recyled all the non -ferrous stuff i could get ,as a clankie on ARETHUSA F38 circa 70-72, managed to find about 5cwt,which i kept in funnel uptakes, yep as boiler room l/HAND,i also kept the only key.
Managed to wangle a fortnights station leave in honky phid,just needed some money. Went to see my Favorite 'MAMA SAN',
"WOT YOU WAN,SAILAMAN" ,Well we went up to the uptakes,and cut a story short,the scrap went, i had a fortnight in 'China Fleet Club,all found,and enough of the folding stuff to hit Wanchai very night,+ ARETHUSA got to roll a bit Quicker! . The buzz was them days if you got the yards and yards off firecrackers, from her sampans as you left TAMAR, you wouldn't come back again that commisssion! and I never DID. R.I.P. JENNY.

G

ganges62

Second post REF PEANUT, the dry cleaning guy from SINGA'S!! Must have been taught ENGLISH by a MATELOT.
Laying in my pit one day,after TOT time!
There's an almighty commotion,as he helped himself to all the uniforms,seeing me in my pit it went something like this,
" Hey you 'kin sailaman,you wann no1 'kin suit .a 'kin a dry clean you *unt",
A PRICELESS GUY,needless to say,he got my rig too!

UncleAlbert

War Hero
RIP Jenny ….with your girls scraping the plates we always made sure to leave a lot of meat spuds and figgy duff….after all ..painting the Albion from stem to stern was no mean feat…..

I don`t know where she is now but she`s sure to have done a deal for a bit of extra scran….probably in exchange for a paint job on the Pearly Gates…

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
I met her in 1975, the amount of work she and her girls did put the whole of the ships company to shame, God bless you jenny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rumrat Death of Jenny as in Side Party Current Affairs 13
G Remember Jenny Dabber? Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Sock it to him Jenny Diamond Lil's 5
R Jack n Jenny Blue Jokes 0
P Jenny Dabber Diamond Lil's 9
Gombear Jenny Dominatrix Diamond Lil's 15
SoylentGreen Jenny Deeps USN... Submariners 1
trelawney126 Where has Soliel & Jenny Gone? Nearest & Dearest 7
F Jenny Current Affairs 4
D Heresssssssss........................jenny Diamond Lil's 36
whitemouse Where's Jenny Dabber ? The Quarterdeck 19
HarryBosch RM Nod tries to break into CTC jenny's quarters (Video) The Corps 6
golden_rivet put in a request to stop Jenny's Mess Diamond Lil's 32
dondon Jenny Dabbers Birthday Diamond Lil's 16
fishmiester Jenny Dabbers Signature Diamond Lil's 36
MoD_RSS Isotretinoin and suspected link with serious side effects: public and patients’ views sought MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Milestone 1 million Yellow Card report for suspected side effects in #MedSafetyWeek MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 Energy Transition Council launched at Clean Energy Ministerial side event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Standing side by side, we'll build back better than ever MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: new website for reporting medicines side-effects and equipment incidents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Taking multiple medicines? Support the Yellow Card scheme by reporting suspected side effects MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Help make medicines safer: report suspected side effects in children and during pregnancy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK side by side with Allies a year on from NATO deterrence deployment MoD News 0
D Social side of the RFA RFA 4
Stirlin Election year , whose side are you on ?. Current Affairs 72
MG Maniac Car Transporter on its side in the Solent Current Affairs 6
fishhead Side paddle-Wheel Carriers History 2
FunkyJunky What entitlement to be shore side within last 12 months? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 15
mojave Regulations On Side Burns Current Affairs 4
Waspie RIP to Side Show Bob Motoring 3
trelawney126 Merlin with Red Side Flashes The Fleet Air Arm 15
trelawney126 Any Ideas following Side Swipe by Caravan. Motoring 9
lesart Submarine school - piping the side Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 12
soleil Pompey News: "The Rather Less Glamorous Side Of The Era Of Steam" History 7
R094V1-George This bloke is off-side Miscellaneous 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Bright Side (Tell it to the Marines) by Bill Carr The Book Club 0
Bad CO The Bright Side: Tell It To the Marines History 3
L The Engineering side of the Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
BillyNoMates The other side Submariners 2
frayedknotarts Somewhat of an unusual request from "The Septic Side" The Quarterdeck 12
ukdaytona Whats the best name you ever seen on the side of a van/truck The Gash Barge 16
S Choose your side The Gash Barge 0
mikh War of the Roses - Which Side Diamond Lil's 43
kingoftwigs Curious side effects - the update Diamond Lil's 6
kingoftwigs Curious side effects Diamond Lil's 12
Scud RASing/Seamen Spec's - the view from the other side The Fleet 5
W Wimmin @ Sea - The funny side Diamond Lil's 97
UncleAlbert A Visit to the Dark Side Diamond Lil's 14
SONAR-BENDER Trenchant's party..... Diamond Lil's 33
MoD_RSS Letter to the Loan Charge All-Party Parliamentary Group about communications with HMRC customers MoD News 0