Je Suis Charlie

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MG Maniac, Jan 13, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Et mois aussi.

3. A bit ironic that "Charlie's dead" used to mean simply that a girl's slip was showing......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good post MG.

5. Thanks MG we are all targets now
    #notafraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. If only he could tell our pollies to say the same thing.

7. I did say something about having balls :)

8. Even the good old BBC have plucked up courage to show the magazine cover where previously the sensibilities of the Muslims would have taken priority. It is the great irony of the Paris outrage that what the murdering bastards were trying to stop has only done exactly the opposite.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Print run now 5 million. Paris sold out within 5 minutes! I do hope some of the proceeds go to the families of those murdered!

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I see two sets of cock and balls (turban face/ eyes nose). Easier to see with the page upside down. Now I thought, maybe it's just me but a quick Google suggests I'm not alone. I think CH are being duplicitous but in a satirical way.

I hope I'm not accused of seeing thinly disguised cock and balls in innocent everyday objects. How dreadfully frightfully awful.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Now you come to mention it ...... :) But to be honest I hadn't noticed until you brought it to my attention. ... Does this mean I'm going to see thinly disguised cock and balls too???????????????

12. Seadog

Further to my last, on further inspection today's representation of the prophet looks like CH's default Mo cartoon.

13. Which of course was a disguised cock & balls

14. Seadog

Poorly disguised cock and balls. Or a 'what are the chances?' coincidence.

Or maybe not.

15. Anyone interested in a dissenting view on this one?

16. No, seems fairly open and shut.

17. Free speech is never free. With it comes responsibilities, to a certain degree the cartoonists brought it on themselves. How's that for a dissenting view?

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  18. Interesting concept. Much the same as "she dressed in a manner that invites me to rape her".

• Like Like x 2