JC's in Gibraltar

D

Deleted 109853

Yep, good slug of gin, cloudy lemonade and a splash of lime cordial and Angustura bitters does it for me!
Similar to a Tom Collins, the John Collins is made with bourbon whiskey instead of gin, but still mixes in lemon juice, simple syrup, and club soda to make a refreshing cocktail.

A Scots No1 I well remember frowned on any of us ordering a Tom Collins A "John" he would insist. Tom Collins is for the pansies .Bourbon whiskey? You must be bloody joking. If it doesn't come from Scotland it's not bloody whiskey he would gently advise..

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Similar to a Tom Collins, the John Collins is made with bourbon whiskey instead of gin, but still mixes in lemon juice, simple syrup, and club soda to make a refreshing cocktail.

A Scots No1 I well remember frowned on any of us ordering a Tom Collins A "John" he would insist. Tom Collins is for the pansies .Bourbon whiskey? You must be bloody joking. If it doesn't come from Scotland it's not bloody whiskey he would gently advise..
Well he was ignorant of his drinks then. Scotch whisky only - whiskey being any other - Irish or American.

Latest Threads