Janner , Wrecks . Topstop , SB and co.

Na, got to be essence Eau du FFO...so echos of a bygone era would assault the senses and induce one to reach for a lump of cotton waste......:) :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Actually, thinking about it, I've got some 'Diesel' aftershave somewhere.

Smells FA like diesel though - one for Trading Standards?

An alternative might be essence Eau du 'stoker po's mess' fragrence, captured after a run ahore on the piss (was their ever any other kind), followed by a massive Madras curry.......memories are made of this....;). Strong constitution we had in those days, should be Imortalised and made available for those who missed out.

There is a small section of my journey home where I pass a static water pond, I automatically switch on my re-circ. I suggest that's what the smell is like :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
There is a small section of my journey home where I pass a static water pond, I automatically switch on my re-circ. I suggest that's what the smell is like :)
Not even close.

Seriously, go into a local supermarket the day after a boat has come in from a patrol - just stand by the door sniffing, I'm sure nobody will notice...... Anyway, despite having had a shower or two, sooner or later you'll see/smell the unique boat odour wafting by. It definitely lingers.

I recall going up into the loft and finding a box full of books and notes etc that I'd had onboard - it still had the smell!