Jane Tomlinson RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A regrettable but inevitable shame... but at least she'll be remembered with affection by many friends (and strangers) for her achievements.

Jane Tomlinson loses cancer fight
  2. R.I.P Jane - my wife has taken part in a "Calendar Girls" shoot here in Cyprus in support of Breat Cancer research. You were an inspiration to many people.
  3. Never give in - never surrender. A true insparation to all. This insideous creeping disease will take loads more people yet before we eradicate it from the human race.

Meantime it's the likes of Jane and co who show the guy with the scythe that he's going to have to wait around a while longer than he anticipated for his souls.
    R.I.P. Jane.
    Condolances to her family!
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What a gutsy lady, RIP Jane
  5. The utmost respect for this lady....RIP.
  6. R.I.P Jane, you were a true inspiration to all.
  7. The planet has lost a inspirational human being.

I have a close member of my family fighting this horrible disease at the moment she took inspiration from Jane Tomlinson and her never give in attitude. She has inspired many.

A few hours ago I was talking to a Lady in the sports shop it is her birthday she told me but she is sad her godson has a brain operation tomorrow to remove a tumor he is nine years old. This scourge on the planet strikes at all ages class and creeds also the animal kingdom. I hope in my lifetime it is eliminated from Planet Earth.
  8. A remarkable woman.
  9. What a wonderful woman and a very brave one as well.

RIP Jane, thoughts with your family
  10. Puts my paltry efforts to run Race for Life to shame, but indeed she is an inspiration to all affected by cancer.
  11. A truly amazing lady whose courage and unselfishness in the face of adversity must be a lesson to us all.
  12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

This gutsy lady will continue to be an inspiration long after she is laid to rest. The phrase "better to live a day as a tiger than a lifetime as a sheep" accredited to Tipu Sultan, has never been more apt. She truly went out and grabbed life, leaving some wonderful memories for her family.

RIP Jane Tomlinson.
  13. And mine Rosie being the co-ordinator for the Cancer Support Group here in Mazarron.
    My paltry efforts have raised 20,000 euros in 18 months and I am in reasonable health.
    A truly remarkable woman who has been an inspiration to us all
    RIP Jane,your work is done.
    Condolences to her family and friends
  14. RC and MH, please don't belittle your efforts in raising monies by doing Relay for Life. My missus, uses a wheelchair, and obviously she cannot run. But she did the next best thing and did the Relay for Life. She raised £150. Everyone who takes part in these events, and raises funds, are striving for a cure to the big C. Well done to both of you.

Keep Striving
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on.

And, heart-felt condolences to the family of JT, together with the greatest respect & admiration to the woman herself. Many of us feel humbled by such a person.
  16. Your pain and worries are now over Jane. Those you have left behind must surely have the most treasured memories of a remarkable lady.
    We who have survived salute you.

2BM and Mrs 2BM
  17. R.I.P. - Thank You.
  18. As I heard someone say, Jane Tomlinson packed more into her last seven years than most of us do in a lifetime. One gutsy lady and such a force for good. Heartfelt condolences to her young family and anyone else affected by her untimely death.
  19. What a wonderful display of the Bulldog Spirit of the kind that made Britain great . A huge loss to her family and the community and to those given strength by her courage . May her spirit live on and although deeply saddened to hear of the such an early death the details of what Jane accomplished certainly provided me with the good news that such people are still around with selfless behaviour and generosity . I had never heard of Jane before reading this but now I will certainly never forget her . RIP