James B picks the wrong fight.

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Jamesb, Oct 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoping that Ninga matey will help, as he seems very helpful.

I have my recruit test tomorrow and I've been gathering all the necessary documentation but with the tattoo proforma I swear I sent it off with my application. I can't really remember 100% and I can't find it anywhere so I presume I did. The reason I'm a bit worried is the bit that says "failure to bring original documentation may result in you being unable to sit the test".

thanks in advance for any replies.

2. What's your question?

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Maybe it means original passport, birth certificate etc rather than photocopies?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

4. I got a letter inviting me to sit a recruit test tomorrow, it says bring passport, NI card, birth certificate, qualifications, NHS number and a tattoo proforma. I sent the tattoo proforma off with my initial application so my question is will it be a problem that I sent it off with my application? Thanks for rapid response guys, much appreciated.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Panic not, it's a generic letter. If you've already returned the tattoo pro forma, it'll be in your pack. If it ain't, you can fill one out on the day - it won't stop you sitting the test.

Good luck.

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yay Ninja saves the day!!!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That sounds suspiciously like common sense. How does the recruiting service get round the ban on that stuff in the military?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phew, was a tad worried, thanks for help.

9. If you do forget documentation can't you stand and take the test as opposed to sitting?

10. ... And we have a bad comedian in our mists.

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I thought it rather good!

12. Tattoo proforma! F*ck my tall hat!

It's all Beckham's fault!

13. Mist(s)
    mist1.jpg

Midst
    midst1.jpg

Now these Ningas want a word in your shell-like......
    9ninjas.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I blame the idiot who put the s and the d next to each other on keyboards, oh and the idiot that invented autocorrect. Maybe you should become an English teacher? Well done for being so eagle-eyed.

15. You did say "any replies"......
    Good luck with your RT tomorrow, pop back and let us know how it went.
    :homework:

16. Haha same!

17. Passed :toothy7:, I'd suspect the pass rate is the 90% region... Pretty easy to get 50%. Only Officers would have a hard time taking that test.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Wow. They let you sit the test?

I was only joking.

19. I've got my medical before my interview, is that common? And by 90% pass rate I mean 90% of people must pass. I got 78 which is 65%.

20. Ninja_Stoker

You should have your interview before your medical but there could be several reasons why it's the reverse for you: Your AFCO may have a backlog for interviews, so in order to keep things rolling, have booked the med first. It could be that there's a declared medical condition that needs to be checked first, or it could be for other reasons. Suffice to say, much more people fail the medical, than interview, so the current sequence is heavily flawed in the eyes of many as it prolongs a negative selection outcome for the unsuccessful individual whilst projecting unrealistic expectations and causes an unnecessary delay for interviews for those intellectually & medically more likely to successfully complete selection.

I'd beg to differ slightly on the Recruiting Test pass rate. There are regional variations, but the pass rate for first preference branch is nearer 50% on average for Officers & maybe 60% for Ratings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.