Jackspeak

Why would you want one? You know all of those phrases anyway having served, or are you too old and have forgotten?

It's a bloody book mate, and it's humorous.

You know a lot, far more than me, but rest assured that I have a broad range of knowledge, which I am continually renewing, that will aid me in my naval career. Reading Jack Speak is separate to that, a bit of fun, a bit like posting on this site! :lol:

Pipe down and listen in, avast ye scurvy lubbers and belay that bilge or I'll hornswaggle ye with my marlinspike...er... prepare to repel boarders. Is that enough? Next week Bootneckspeak.

NZ_Bootneck said:
Pipe down and listen in, avast ye scurvy lubbers and belay that bilge or I'll hornswaggle ye with my marlinspike...er... prepare to repel boarders. Is that enough? Next week Bootneckspeak.
That'll be interesting as most booties struggle to walk and talk at the same time. "Oi, Royal; mind your knuckles, you're about to trip over them!" :lol:

buggerit84

Lantern Swinger
With 8 weeks to go was thinking about getting myself a copy, so I stand a chance of understanding what on earth the DS are talking to us about! Oh, and being able to understand more of what people are saying on here...

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
Still laugh my cock off when I read Jackspeak...thought I knew a few until I read that book, it's my constant companion. Have you read the 'unofficial' version written by the 'lads' themselves, got a copy (not a book but loose leaf A4 pages) from a mate of mine from boats - absolutely hilarious!!