Jackspeak

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by stirling2, Mar 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll second that Stirling, have had my copy, signed by Rick Jolly, since first published commercially in 1989. Keep it by the bed and quite often read a few pages before dropping off - obviously with a smile on my face.
    Recommend it to all.

2BM

2. I got mine signed too, I also had the rather suspect privilege of the having the man himself cup my balls during my medical.

be sure to buy yourself a copy of "Red and Green Life Machine: Diary of the Falklands Field Hospital" also by the Rick Jolly - due for re-release later this year. The guy is a true hero and a credit to the RN.

3. I will second that.

4. I have a rare unsigned copy. :grin:

5. You bragging again Wardy?

2BM

6. Whilst I'm waiting for my copy to come through, there's something that's been bugging me - why on earth does fleet call the FAA WAFUs?! surely if the FAA get wet then there is a serious excrement-fan interface going on...

7. Brought this book a few months ago. The family has threatened to evict me unless I speak in understandable dialect :sad11:

8. 1Weapons and fuel users 2 Wet and f******g useless OR 3 The correct meaning With A Fieldguncrew Unbeatable :w00t: :thumright:

9. It was no 2 I was referring to, wondering where the wet part comes from as I thought they generally like to avoid the water? but thanks!

10. 1Weapons and fuel users 2 Wet and f******g useless OR 3 The correct meaning With A Fieldguncrew Unbeatable :w00t: :thumright:[/quote]

No 3 is not a correct acronym otherwise it would be WAFCU as the words 'fieldgun' and 'crew' are independent. Typical of the FAA to try and matcho themselves up... Poncy WAFU (No 2 intended) Twats

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

So, it appears we can account for all three copies.