Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Jackspeak by Rick Jolly - New, Revised & Expanded Edition Just Published

Sol

Good find. Do you have a contact within Conway Publishing? If so I can approach them and ask if they would let us have review copies for the site. Jack Speak would be great to have and Rule Britannia would be good also - I am sure I could persuade some of our reviewers to take on.

If you don't know anyone and just came across the site then no worries - I will contact them anyway.

A-G

Sol

Good find. Do you have a contact within Conway Publishing? If so I can approach them and ask if they would let us have review copies for the site. Jack Speak would be great to have and Rule Britannia would be good also - I am sure I could persuade some of our reviewers to take on.

If you don't know anyone and just came across the site then no worries - I will contact them anyway.

A-G

A-G

Yes, I do. I am in contact with the Senior Marketing & Publicity Manager.

I shall send you an e-mail with her contact details in a few minutes.

Probably wrong because I didn't pick up on it when it was originaly printed. Reviewed it for the Naval Medical Staff Journal. I'm sure Rick would give you a copy if asked.

Just to point out to those who have not noticed, Seaweed has produced a review of this latest edition of Jackspeak which can be found in the reviews section : here.

He has also produced a list of omissions/additions/corrections which you may like to consider and as Seaweed is an Old Git, you youngsters may disagree with his interpretation of modern Jack slang. :)

Have a look, have a go if you think you can do any better or add to the list! :)

Somehow I missed Sol bringing this to notice - must have been hard a-zizz - many thanks Sol for my review copy!!

I have the last version, its an awesome book. Though i doubt re-releasing it every few years will of benefit to anyone whom has the first ever print.

Seaweed is an Old Git, you youngsters may disagree with his interpretation of modern Jack slang. :)

I got in to trouble today from the "Naval Stores" girlfriend for pointing out the principle of tradition. Additions are good. Factual changes are not good as, if you can't make a new, new one, don't change an existing one. That's one step away from being a civilian.

Great to see Rick is back in good health - guess what , 25th anniversary of the Falklands war Cdr of DRAKE thought it would be a good idea to have a wardroom bash for all the surviving COs to commemorate the event, they missed Rick out on the guest list.