Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack's bigging himself up on facebook....

This Photo is on the Royal Navy Face book site.

You've got to admit who ever runs that site has got a sense of humour. :)

finknottle

Banned
I know Jack won't be called on to Troop the Colours but that is beyond the pale, their instructor needs a stiff talking to if that's the standard he/she is producing.

Guzzler

War Hero
Assuming it's not during the first couple of days of course. We don't know, so to assume is a bit wank really.

Guzzler

War Hero
Directed at finks blobs. Agree with the sentiment, it was the dig at the instructor which was unfounded for the reasons I gave.

Seadog

War Hero
Remedial beret wearing for the shippers in the front!

Here's me thinking that shippers / shipmate is a noun used as a form of address between those who have served in a ship, usually the same one at the same time.

Seadog

War Hero
Did I make the mistake of thinking it was posted up so we could have a bit of a chuckle? FFS!

News just in, Queen orders 'splice the mainbrace' as notoriously cantankerous, contrary and never wrong naval pensioner admits the possibility that he may have erred.

The recruits in the photo are week one on their first drill lesson. They have only been in the Navy for four days.

finknottle

Banned
News just in, Queen orders 'splice the mainbrace' as notoriously cantankerous, contrary and never wrong naval pensioner admits the possibility that he may have erred.

Steady Seadog steady, it's only a possibility as it would require the OP to clarify his reason for posting before I would admit to anything.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The recruits in the photo are week one on their first drill lesson. They have only been in the Navy for four days.

Four days!! Finks had spliced the mainbrace (the real one, not the tot), put down three fuzzy wuzzy rebellions and still managed to get a faded collar and a bow wave in his cap in that time.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Regardless of his beret, the lad still looks like a mongo.

Thinking back to my entry, there were enough ex cadets and back classees in the division to ensure we all at least had decent berets within a day or two. He should have been gripped by one of the other lads in his class before he even got out of his block.

Either his oppos already hate him or as mentioned before he's just one of those spastics that is beyond help.

I fondly recall a lad like that, he was truly gash, we all tried to pull him through, everyone helped out with his ironing etc. I even bulled his bats for him, they were gleaming. Yet within 3 minutes of getting dressed each morning, somehow the big Yorkshire mongo would look like he'd been routing through the scran bag, walked through a sandpit and spilt ketchup on his shirt.

Last I heard he's now a Lt Commander.

...decent berets within a day or two...

... big Yorkshire mongo....I heard he's now a Lt Commander.

2DD,

:read2:Within the new RALEIGH curriculum it seems Dog Watch Instruction for Backward Beret Wearers doesn't kick off until Week Two.

I'd say your Mongo Yorky's charisma in having all those recruits scurrying around after him was an early indication of latent leadership; which evidently blossomed, eh? He's probably up for the (I won't say 'his') OBE sometime soon, too.

When that Class recovers from the rigors of Phase One it would be interesting to see some of those who were once RR Newbies pop back up at this thread to tell us how it really was on that fateful day... I'd hope so anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to August 2020 Scottish GDP figures MoD News 0
Waspie Jack to the rescue! Current Affairs 2
soleil Daily Mail: "Proud Dad Gordon Ramsay Reveals Son Jack, 20, Has Joined The Royal Marines" The Corps 5
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to Scottish GDP figures for July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to Scottish GDP figures for Q2 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to September 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to US tariffs August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to August 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to July 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary Alistair Jack marks 2020 Armed Forces Week MoD News 0
H New Jack Speak - Gen-up ? The Gash Barge 29
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to June 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Union Jack Diamond Lil's 2
C Can't PM Union Jack Bloody Computers 1
soleil FB: BBC Archive: "1972: Nationwide's Jack Pizzey Examines The Cornish Pasty" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS UK set to introduce ‘Jack’s Law’ – new legal right to paid parental bereavement leave MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to January 2020 labour market figures MoD News 0
Dusty70 First God created the RN - then Jack Dusties to Lord over it Social & Reunions 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to December 2019 labour market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to September 2019 labour market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack comments on GERS 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack appointed as Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Gentleman Jack’ - in need of the Coal Authority MoD News 0
S Jack/Matelot Diamond Lil's 7
MoD_RSS News story: Animal medicines improvement notice: Taggart Jack, Omagh, County Tyrone MoD News 0
Hooly Can anyone give me the jack speak for the different branches and trades please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 64
D jack justy- im not on a 3 year wait am i Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
Seaweed Jack Tar The Book Club 3
soleil Sunday Times: "Should It Be Union Flag Or Is Jack All Right?" The Fleet 22
soleil The 'Forever Jack' Onesie The Quarterdeck 71
Rachelthree 'The Sea is My Brother' by Jack Kerouac The Book Club 1
SONAR-BENDER Jolly Jack the bank robber Diamond Lil's 30
soleil Union Jack Club - Army v Navy Rugby 2013 - April 27th 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 1
BillyNoMates Jack Caroll Diamond Lil's 7
K Help requested ,, looking for old 'Jack' cartoons The Quarterdeck 38
K Old time Jack History 1
jambosun Jack gets everywhere! - Sweet Home Alabama BBC4 Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
N Jack on the Pull !! Blue Jokes 0
wet_blobby Jack....Today..... v...... Yesterday Diamond Lil's 24
soleil Navy News: "I'm A Zumba Jack And I'm Alright..." The Fleet 2
soleil Coventry T'graph: "Captain Jack Sparrow Is Britain's Most Famous Seaman" Current Affairs 5
S Jack's Defiance! History 5
Y Royal Navy Stores Accountants, Jack Dustys or Logistics Supply Chain Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Flammin Gallah Jack on leave Nautical Jokes 0
R HMS Bellerophon 1960's Robert (Jack) Hawkins surgeon commander History 13
S Jack and Jill Blue Jokes 0
R Jack n Jenny Blue Jokes 0
SONAR-BENDER Jack Sh*t Diamond Lil's 7
21_Man Jack The Quarterdeck 11
Soothsayer Jack Speak Guidline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21