Jack's bigging himself up on facebook....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jul 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

This Photo is on the Royal Navy Face book site.

You've got to admit who ever runs that site has got a sense of humour. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Remedial beret wearing for the shippers in the front! :)
  3. I know Jack won't be called on to Troop the Colours but that is beyond the pale, their instructor needs a stiff talking to if that's the standard he/she is producing.
  4. Assuming it's not during the first couple of days of course. We don't know, so to assume is a bit wank really.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I considered that but it is so shite that I chose to ignore the possibility.
  6. wet_blobby

It's got to be the passing out parade, they've mastered the art of following each other in a line.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Directed at finks blobs. Agree with the sentiment, it was the dig at the instructor which was unfounded for the reasons I gave.
  8. Well it's not their fault and who is the numpry who thought it was a good idea to put that in the public domain?
    • Like Like x 1

9. Taken early doors at a training establishment, FGS.

Whatever the motive yon numpry certainly got a few juices stirring here.
  10. Did I make the mistake of thinking it was posted up so we could have a bit of a chuckle? FFS!
  11. Well I, for one, am outraged.
  12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Here's me thinking that shippers / shipmate is a noun used as a form of address between those who have served in a ship, usually the same one at the same time.
  13. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

News just in, Queen orders 'splice the mainbrace' as notoriously cantankerous, contrary and never wrong naval pensioner admits the possibility that he may have erred.
  14. The recruits in the photo are week one on their first drill lesson. They have only been in the Navy for four days.

15. Steady Seadog steady, it's only a possibility as it would require the OP to clarify his reason for posting before I would admit to anything.
  16. Four days!! Finks had spliced the mainbrace (the real one, not the tot), put down three fuzzy wuzzy rebellions and still managed to get a faded collar and a bow wave in his cap in that time.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. wet_blobby

Would I take the piss out of Jacks parade ground prowess?

18. I would hope so. :)
  19. Regardless of his beret, the lad still looks like a mongo.

Thinking back to my entry, there were enough ex cadets and back classees in the division to ensure we all at least had decent berets within a day or two. He should have been gripped by one of the other lads in his class before he even got out of his block.

Either his oppos already hate him or as mentioned before he's just one of those spastics that is beyond help.

I fondly recall a lad like that, he was truly gash, we all tried to pull him through, everyone helped out with his ironing etc. I even bulled his bats for him, they were gleaming. Yet within 3 minutes of getting dressed each morning, somehow the big Yorkshire mongo would look like he'd been routing through the scran bag, walked through a sandpit and spilt ketchup on his shirt.

Last I heard he's now a Lt Commander.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 2DD,

:read2:Within the new RALEIGH curriculum it seems Dog Watch Instruction for Backward Beret Wearers doesn't kick off until Week Two.

I'd say your Mongo Yorky's charisma in having all those recruits scurrying around after him was an early indication of latent leadership; which evidently blossomed, eh? He's probably up for the (I won't say 'his') OBE sometime soon, too.

When that Class recovers from the rigors of Phase One it would be interesting to see some of those who were once RR Newbies pop back up at this thread to tell us how it really was on that fateful day... I'd hope so anyway.