Jack....Today..... v...... Yesterday

wet_blobby

War Hero
What's going on then?

If someone like myself looks at photo's that members have posted it seems Jack pre 1970/80 is somewhat fitter/muscular/masculine than the jack photos posted in the 90's and beyond. What's the score? How has Jack morphed from a quite muscular but bag of shit bloke that suits the uniform into a geek that looks like someone dressing up as a sailor?

What's going on then?

If someone like myself looks at photo's that members have posted it seems Jack pre 1970/80 is somewhat fitter/muscular/masculine than the jack photos posted in the 90's and beyond. What's the score? How has Jack morphed from a quite muscular but bag of shit bloke that suits the uniform into a geek that looks like someone dressing up as a sailor?
That's how I viewed myself !! Shame that my piccies don't reflect that thought .... :(
Never quite got to be the bronzed god image, despite many months of humping stores and drafts to foreign climes - must be why they really called us White Mice ....... ;)
Perhaps I should have to scan a few pics of me as a baby on Albion - shoulder blades like wings ..... :laughing2:

G

guestm

What's going on then?

I blame the government. Or something.

Can't really comment on that as I've only been in the navy for a short period, the only thing I know is how to look good in front of mirrors posing with my Raybands.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
The reason is of course that all the fit, masculine men have joined the army, not the navy!! :)

Ducks down behind the parapet, awaiting incoming!!

Lack of daily rum ration, combined with no bow wave caps and split arsed sailors with tits......bit of a no brainer really...... But there again ............. I'm biased. (Or is it just the way I walk ?) :walk:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
R Blue Jokes 0