Jack....Today..... v...... Yesterday

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What's going on then?

If someone like myself looks at photo's that members have posted it seems Jack pre 1970/80 is somewhat fitter/muscular/masculine than the jack photos posted in the 90's and beyond. What's the score? How has Jack morphed from a quite muscular but bag of shit bloke that suits the uniform into a geek that looks like someone dressing up as a sailor?

2. That's how I viewed myself !! Shame that my piccies don't reflect that thought .... :(
    Never quite got to be the bronzed god image, despite many months of humping stores and drafts to foreign climes - must be why they really called us White Mice ....... ;)
    Perhaps I should have to scan a few pics of me as a baby on Albion - shoulder blades like wings ..... :laughing2:

3. Even if Jack isn't as fit/muscular/manly these days if you like a fella in uniform this may be of interest to you. ;)

4. wet_blobby

Men in uniform do sod all for me I'm afraid...... Women...... now we're talking... :)

5. If women in uniform are your bag, how's this
    ukranianairforce.jpg

6. wet_blobby

I've just made a mess.....

...And I want to be a cameraman.

7. I blame the government. Or something.

8. Can't really comment on that as I've only been in the navy for a short period, the only thing I know is how to look good in front of mirrors posing with my Raybands.

9. If jenny had looked like that back in the day I have been about 5 stone wringing wet, shaggin makes you swet and there is no time for scran.
    Unfortunatly most looked like field gunners but with tits, and they were in the main fuckin harder than us.:-|

10. I blame Clarkson.

11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You should take them off mucker. You are Royal no longer.

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Of course everyone looks fitter/muscular/masculine you dress wearing cunt.

13. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The reason is of course that all the fit, masculine men have joined the army, not the navy!! :)

Ducks down behind the parapet, awaiting incoming!!

14. With the link in Post #3 - you could sort of have a point !!

That looks like part of the Parade I saw at the end of last year marching down Regent Street - :)

15. "Slow the pace ladies I can smell hair burning", CPOGI Ships Company Divisions Whale Island 1977.

16. Lack of daily rum ration, combined with no bow wave caps and split arsed sailors with tits......bit of a no brainer really...... But there again ............. I'm biased. (Or is it just the way I walk ?) :walk:

17. What the fuck are Raybands?

18. [​IMG] Just for you my friend,and yes ,maybe i bit

19. And Littlejohn!!!!!

20. Might as well blame Robin Hood!

2BM