Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Jack Straw

I wish we had some articles like this in our newspapers but they are too PC for their own good, and there are too many pinko left wing fellow travellers, bring back Enoch Powel he and many others were so correct but nobody took any notice, and look what these foreigners are doing to the UK

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY – YOU HAVE A RIGHT – THE RIGHT TO LEAVE
After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by not putting up Xmas lights. After hearing that the state of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen.
Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT
"I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. "Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.
"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
"As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!
"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
"It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like ' A Fair Go, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE' ".
I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later, get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

Now that's exactly the kind of letter writing we need to see in this country. Regrettably it would probably get you a visit from the Thought Police and subsequent councilling for bad thoughts against those who appear to really run the country.

I did think that the whole upsurge about citizenshp and UK values would be a good start but it seems to have gone cold again. Maybe it's time to move to Australia - one of the last free speaking countries in the world?

SF

larkins1 said:
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY – YOU HAVE A RIGHT – THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.....

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT"

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

I hope that the originator of this is an Aborigine and, much as I sympathise with the underlying tenet of the post, I would be uncomfortable with the association of any God with any country's rights to residence. The UK has not been "Christian" for many decades, even if there is an established church.

It does not say in the Koran that a woman must cover her face, so those who say it is a component part of Islam do not know their own religion, it does however request that just the hands and face show, which is somewhat more reasonable.

Tell me these people aren't solid........
image0011.jpg
[/img]

SILVER_FOX said:
Maybe it's time to move to Australia - one of the last free speaking countries in the world?

I'm off to Aus in a couple of weeks for a spot of leave and a research trip. I fully intend to migrate there when I go outside. This country has gone down the pan for many reasons already stated and I don't see it improving.

I really am pissed off with the them and us and double standards in our country. My daughter was sent home from school for refusing to remove a gold crucifix the other day.
When i rang the school to complain that her education had been disrupted because of this, i was told that it was school policy that no jewellery was to be worn at school with the exception of one pair of gold studs.
I then pointed out that there were a large number of pakistani girls that were flouting this policy by turning up dripping in gold (as well as wearing sari's instead of school uniform, another double standard), and was told that they were allowed to wear this jewellery on religious/cultural grounds.
I then made the argument that my daughter is a christian, and that she was wearing the crucifix as part of her religious beliefs, and was told that she could not return to school until she took it off.
Now, i'm all for being fair and equal, but it seems that some members of our society are a little more equal than others. 8O

Jimmy_Green

Is that a variation on "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

If we all bugger off, the wiley orientals and the Caribbs will have it all to themselves. I suppose the last one out could switch on the instant sunshine. That would also p**s the frogs off so claiming a bonus point.

mazza_magoo said:
I really am pissed off with the them and us and double standards in our country. My daughter was sent home from school for refusing to remove a gold crucifix the other day.
When i rang the school to complain that her education had been disrupted because of this, i was told that it was school policy that no jewellery was to be worn at school with the exception of one pair of gold studs.
I then pointed out that there were a large number of pakistani girls that were flouting this policy by turning up dripping in gold (as well as wearing sari's instead of school uniform, another double standard), and was told that they were allowed to wear this jewellery on religious/cultural grounds.
I then made the argument that my daughter is a christian, and that she was wearing the crucifix as part of her religious beliefs, and was told that she could not return to school until she took it off.
Now, i'm all for being fair and equal, but it seems that some members of our society are a little more equal than others. 8O

Another case of the "wishy washys" imposing reverse discrimination - aren't they treating the pakistani girls differently, thereby discrimating. Note to the AACs of this world - this is the real issue, not the muslims etc (note I said etc) themselves. This smacks of the hypocrisy of other religious groups being excused from RE, when the non other religious (I'm trying to avoid the word christian) groups are made to learn about Islam etc.

Before we get the backlash, we're not criticising the muslims, we're criticising the idiots who think they're being fair. I think a letter to the LEA is in order there since they are discriminating against your daughters religious beliefs.

Out of interest mazza - is this a CofE / Catholic / Anglican school?? I'm just thinking about a recent news story about a young black girl who was refused entry to her local school because her family weren't regular church go-ers........They didn't say how many non christians attended the school though.

I might go and buy a Hoodie then go to a big shopping mall with it on and when told to remove said item i will refuse!Hoodies are part of my cultural heritage!Of course should the Veil wearing poulace refrain then i shall burn my hoodie!

Latest Threads