Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jack justy- im not on a 3 year wait am i

dfish

popped into my careers office today and they were busy so the question is all yours. roughly what is the waiting time for a supply chain logistician?

i know the careers office is the only place to go to get a definitive answer but im just looking for a vague idea.

thanks in advance for any input

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Can't remember to be honest. I'll have a shufty tomorrow assuming you haven't taken the initiative & used the dog'n'bone.

I remember a jack dusty on the ark (1988) he had a nickname the same as an IRA hunger striker. I wanted to get some new steaming bats and popped down to 9 deck, it was 07:45, got to the the hatch and he said sorry mate don't open till 8. So I sat on the ladder about 2 feet away from him silently looking around the small compartment, him doing the same. At 8:00 he piped up, "yes mate, how can I help you?"!!!

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

Last edited:

Guzzler

War Hero
I remember a jack dusty on the ark (1988) he had a nickname the same as an IRA hunger striker. I wanted to get some new steaming bats and popped down to 9 deck, it was 07:45, got to the the hatch and he said sorry mate don't open till 8. So I sat on the ladder about 2 feet away from him silently looking around the sma compartment, him doing the same. At 8:00 he piped up, "yes mate, how can I help you?"!!!

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

Assuming that's easy on poetic licence that sort of stuff really pisses me off about my former 'sister' branch, just like it does about my own former shower.

'Closed for Training' my arse.

bollotom

War Hero
HMS Drake. "We close Wednesday afternoon."
"It's Tuesday."
Whirr-whirr-whirr. "Hi, Liz. You'll have to come back luv, there's been a mistake."
I said "I can come back tomorrow"
She said "We'll be closed. Don't you listen?"
I thought, "Uckers yer feckers!" Turn 180, speed 15, execute!

JackDusty1990

Midshipman
I was told after passing my RT test, its roughly a 16 month waiting list. Overall it will have taken me just over a year and a half from first contact with my local AFCO to my starting date in November. Make sure you dont wast time filling in forms, making appointment and passing the various stages as that will only delay your application. Good luck!

Make sure you dont wast time filling in forms, making appointment and passing the various stages as that will only delay your application. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Strange advise, he would never get in then... Spoken like a true Jack Dusty...

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I was told after passing my RT test, its roughly a 16 month waiting list. Overall it will have taken me just over a year and a half from first contact with my local AFCO to my starting date in November. Make sure you dont wast time filling in forms, making appointment and passing the various stages as that will only delay your application. Good luck!
I get your drift - essentially don't delay completing and returning forms, completing online SC, passing medical, PJFT etc.

Just to hack you off - the wait for Jack Dusty, test to entry for those applying today, is around eight to ten months at present.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to August 2020 Scottish GDP figures MoD News 0
Waspie Jack to the rescue! Current Affairs 2
soleil Daily Mail: "Proud Dad Gordon Ramsay Reveals Son Jack, 20, Has Joined The Royal Marines" The Corps 5
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to Scottish GDP figures for July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to Scottish GDP figures for Q2 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to September 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to US tariffs August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to August 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to July 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary Alistair Jack marks 2020 Armed Forces Week MoD News 0
H New Jack Speak - Gen-up ? The Gash Barge 29
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to June 2020 Labour Market figures MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Union Jack Diamond Lil's 2
C Can't PM Union Jack Bloody Computers 1
soleil FB: BBC Archive: "1972: Nationwide's Jack Pizzey Examines The Cornish Pasty" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS UK set to introduce ‘Jack’s Law’ – new legal right to paid parental bereavement leave MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to January 2020 labour market figures MoD News 0
Dusty70 First God created the RN - then Jack Dusties to Lord over it Social & Reunions 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to December 2019 labour market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to September 2019 labour market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack comments on GERS 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack appointed as Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Gentleman Jack’ - in need of the Coal Authority MoD News 0
S Jack/Matelot Diamond Lil's 7
MoD_RSS News story: Animal medicines improvement notice: Taggart Jack, Omagh, County Tyrone MoD News 0
Hooly Can anyone give me the jack speak for the different branches and trades please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 64
Seaweed Jack Tar The Book Club 3
soleil Sunday Times: "Should It Be Union Flag Or Is Jack All Right?" The Fleet 22
soleil The 'Forever Jack' Onesie The Quarterdeck 71
Rachelthree 'The Sea is My Brother' by Jack Kerouac The Book Club 1
wet_blobby Jack's bigging himself up on facebook.... Diamond Lil's 37
SONAR-BENDER Jolly Jack the bank robber Diamond Lil's 30
soleil Union Jack Club - Army v Navy Rugby 2013 - April 27th 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 1
BillyNoMates Jack Caroll Diamond Lil's 7
K Help requested ,, looking for old 'Jack' cartoons The Quarterdeck 38
K Old time Jack History 1
jambosun Jack gets everywhere! - Sweet Home Alabama BBC4 Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
N Jack on the Pull !! Blue Jokes 0
wet_blobby Jack....Today..... v...... Yesterday Diamond Lil's 24
soleil Navy News: "I'm A Zumba Jack And I'm Alright..." The Fleet 2
soleil Coventry T'graph: "Captain Jack Sparrow Is Britain's Most Famous Seaman" Current Affairs 5
S Jack's Defiance! History 5
Y Royal Navy Stores Accountants, Jack Dustys or Logistics Supply Chain Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Flammin Gallah Jack on leave Nautical Jokes 0
R HMS Bellerophon 1960's Robert (Jack) Hawkins surgeon commander History 13
S Jack and Jill Blue Jokes 0
R Jack n Jenny Blue Jokes 0
SONAR-BENDER Jack Sh*t Diamond Lil's 7
21_Man Jack The Quarterdeck 11
Soothsayer Jack Speak Guidline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21