jack justy- im not on a 3 year wait am i

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dfish, Apr 15, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. popped into my careers office today and they were busy so the question is all yours. roughly what is the waiting time for a supply chain logistician?

i know the careers office is the only place to go to get a definitive answer but im just looking for a vague idea.

thanks in advance for any input

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What's a jack justy?

• Like Like x 2
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I dunno.... Maybe 36 months?

4. I think he means Dusty.I fear those blankets aren't going to be very well stacked in the future...:laughing3:

• Like Like x 1
  5. 'justy' tehehe. dusty

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Can't remember to be honest. I'll have a shufty tomorrow assuming you haven't taken the initiative & used the dog'n'bone.

7. no initiative taken. if you can have a shufty it would be much appreciated

8. Erm, either that's a very subtle 'joke' or you're thick as a whale omelette.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You've just passed the first part of Jack Dusty training ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I remember a jack dusty on the ark (1988) he had a nickname the same as an IRA hunger striker. I wanted to get some new steaming bats and popped down to 9 deck, it was 07:45, got to the the hatch and he said sorry mate don't open till 8. So I sat on the ladder about 2 feet away from him silently looking around the small compartment, him doing the same. At 8:00 he piped up, "yes mate, how can I help you?"!!!

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I've got a worrying thought that he confused 'initiative' with 'offence' Wrecks. An understandable error, if one has mental health issues.

12. Assuming that's easy on poetic licence that sort of stuff really pisses me off about my former 'sister' branch, just like it does about my own former shower.

'Closed for Training' my arse.

13. HMS Drake. "We close Wednesday afternoon."
    "It's Tuesday."
    Whirr-whirr-whirr. "Hi, Liz. You'll have to come back luv, there's been a mistake."
    I said "I can come back tomorrow"
    She said "We'll be closed. Don't you listen?"
    I thought, "Uckers yer feckers!" Turn 180, speed 15, execute!

14. *******.....the truth often hurts!

15. Safeguard on this dit

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

I've had a look, and now know the wait for jack justy.

What was the question again?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I was told after passing my RT test, its roughly a 16 month waiting list. Overall it will have taken me just over a year and a half from first contact with my local AFCO to my starting date in November. Make sure you dont wast time filling in forms, making appointment and passing the various stages as that will only delay your application. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Make sure you dont wast time filling in forms, making appointment and passing the various stages as that will only delay your application. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Strange advise, he would never get in then... Spoken like a true Jack Dusty...

19. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yeah, don't sign anything. They can't trace it back to you then.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ninja_Stoker

I get your drift - essentially don't delay completing and returning forms, completing online SC, passing medical, PJFT etc.

Just to hack you off - the wait for Jack Dusty, test to entry for those applying today, is around eight to ten months at present.