Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Jack Blairs

Never did have an account myself, I always preferred the option of waiting until the middle of the month when one of the lads was skint but wants to go out on the pi$$. Off he'd go to JBs, purchase a nice expensive item on his account and immediately sell it down the mess for less than half price - Bargain!!!

Remember the days of going away for a couple months getting back along side in Pompey -- Guess what the first pipe would be ' Jack Blairs Naval Jailers' even before the gangway was open !!!

I remember getting along side in Fort Lauderdale in either 72 or 73 , and there were the same chaps who would be on the jetty in Guzz , could'nt believe it , they were taking measurements for suits for when we got back to Guzz ,Fxxxxxxg parisites , look at photo's now of the shite we used to wear , big round collars etc, pillick's or what , but look at some of the crap they wear today . :roll: :lol:

Yeah I ended up with £400+ with Louie Bastards at 42 cdo. ******* scum bags, mind you it was my fault for being so gullable.

You should be warned about them on day 1 of training.

Can't believe that they are trying to get rid of an honest decent business like Dutchies at CTC yet they let these sharks into military bases.

Skunkmiester said:
Yeah I ended up with £400+ with Louie Bastards at 42 cdo. ******* scum bags, mind you it was my fault for being so gullable.

You should be warned about them on day 1 of training.

Can't believe that they are trying to get rid of an honest decent business like Dutchies at CTC yet they let these sharks into military bases.

I did wonder if they were still trading.
Became a 'member' of Bernard's at the ripe old age of 16.
First things bought? - a Beatles jacket and a pair of winkle pickers 8) (on tick of course) and they seem to be the fashion now!! :)

When I was at Collingwood back in 01, I remember a few lads who were skint at the end of the month. Anyway, they bought PS2's and DVD players from those sharks on tick, only to sell them at second hand computer shops in Fareham and Gosport so they could go out on the piss over the weekend.

When I was on Mechs course JB was doing an interest free thing on his accounts. We as a class went out purcahse Mess Undress and all the finery on said zero %. Completed the monthly payments and then promptly closed the accounts.

Cheers easy JB

Jack Blares and the like. A DO's nightmare. I had one young lad on 5 DO/HOD/CO warnings (of varying degrees) and the financial one was never helped by theJack Blare &Co card statements.

Nothing worse than the letter from them to the DO about unpaid bills, the reply that it is none of our business, the months wait, the lad knocking ont he door "Sir, have you got a min?". Then it all unravels.

That and the lad who wants you to get him off on a drift charge "coss it 'ant right and the Joss hates me".

JPA should help no more CTM's to sign Monday morning.

Gen dit
1982 HMS Illustrious just finished post war patrol down south, pulled into
Ft Lauderdale
Main broadcast pipe 'Jack Blair Naafi flat' everyone giggling about QM being caught on a bite, they were there with suitcases of display clothes taking orders from the gullible for our return to the UK
Probably part of the 'Yorkie Dunne Plc' trading empire

BusterQuin said:
Gen dit
1982 HMS Illustrious just finished post war patrol down south, pulled into
Ft Lauderdale
Main broadcast pipe 'Jack Blair Naafi flat' everyone giggling about QM being caught on a bite, they were there with suitcases of display clothes taking orders from the gullible for our return to the UK
Probably part of the 'Yorkie Dunne Plc' trading empire

Yorkie Dunne PLC of HMS Bristol fame perhaps Buster me old muckha?

My wife was always breaking watches,she never took them off when doing the washing up. Bought her a top of the rangemans waterproof, shockproof, dustproof you name it proof watch from harry Bernards on my allotment. She had it for a week and then lost it!

slim said:
My wife was always breaking watches,she never took them off when doing the washing up. Bought her a top of the rangemans waterproof, shockproof, dustproof you name it proof watch from harry Bernards on my allotment. She had it for a week and then lost it!

Wasn't it Louis Bernards?

Latest Threads