Jack Blairs

Deeps

War Hero
Its been a few years since i left the Navy , but when i was a young sailor the first thing i did when i was drafted to pompey was out of Nelson maingate cross the road and open a ''Jack Blair'' and a ''Louis Bernard''
account . My sea dad went nuts but i didnt care because i could by all my run ashore clobber on the never never . I very quickly realised what a complete rip off they both were.
I was just wondering are they still tradeing and if so are they still selling ''yesterdays clothes at tomorrows prices'' ?

Make-n-Mend

Midshipman
They're also happy to rip off some pongos as well. Was seconded to Blandford Camp (home of White Helmets, ahem, fame) and they're firmly entrenched.

Deeps

War Hero
''Do you here , jack blair mens wear , for the man who wants to be noticed is now in attendance on the jetty , yesterdays fashions at tomorrows prices''

flynavy

Lantern Swinger
Jack Blair trendy Senior Rates wear is now alongside!!

Do You Hear There? Incredibly expensive untrendy jack blair is alongside!

the_matelot

War Hero
I found it highly amusing when I joined up in the mid 90's and the RN banging on to you how important it was to be financially responsible and at the same time have these VULTURES on a lot of establishments. I opened an account (oh, minimum spend when you open an account is £70....) and closed it very soon after.
Oi 2SL shippers-if you're reading this, kick these fcukers off every establishment.....

Seadog

War Hero
There goes any sponsorship for RR from Jack Blair.

You'll know the one about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon, Jack Blair wagon pulls up and the driver shouts " Oi mate, can you make a pipe....?"

I'm a Slops and Bauns man. Fenwicks is expensive but quality and great attention to detail. They even polish your gongs when they mount your latest to your ever growing spamlike collection.

Thieves and Hawkes is for Officers of independent means (more money than sense).

Many tot times ago I bought a pair of dress shoes from those bandits, I was still paying for them 3 years later. I became fiscally astute much later in my career.