Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ship_rat, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi
    just a quickee on my entry to service paperwork, it asks for the vacinations that I have had, just wondering is it worth getting them done b4 I join, I need to have my tenus booster anyway because I have started wreck diving! is it worth having the others done at the same time?
    hope you can help
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To the best of my recollection, at sometime during the latter part of Part I Training at Raleigh, you will run the gauntlet of the medical staff, who will jab you for everything you need (and more).

In fact one of the best things about the RN is the vaccinations you get for free - I recently went on holiday to Africa with my wife, and I got all the necessary medication for free, whereas she paid quite alot for hers!
  3. wait till you join up and get it all for free..and you get to laugh at everyone gettin squeemish or faintin :twisted:
  4. I agree with the previous advice as you'll prbably get a 2nd dose whether you want it or not!!

5. You'll certainly get a "dose" if you're not carefull...!! :lol: :lol:
  6. and stand by for "jab flu"- the not to nice side effect of the yellow fever jab remember to stick your certificate to your passport and don't lose it like I did or will cost you a bob or too
  7. Will it react with the 'tetnus booster'!?
  8. Only if you're a wimp
  9. sgtpepperband

...oh, and don't be alarmed when the CPOMA puts both hands on your shoulders when administering a 'Tet-anus' jab...

10. Ship_Rat.... do you like being a dartboard? :wink: :lol:
  11. sgtpepperband

quote="Always_a_Civvy"]Ship_Rat.... do you like being a dartboard? :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Hmm, well come to think of it, you do bear a surprising similarity to Andy Fordham...

AAC & Co.

The Viking

12. NO!!! neither the idea of being a pin Cushion 8O!!!!
    which jabs to they give you a basic?

from ship_rat