Ivor Dewdney Pasties

Discussion in 'History' started by wompingwillow, Feb 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. made a gash post but even so I said in chat my dad made pasties to rival ivor dewdney and people said who?
  2. Who?

3. guz pastie shop
  4. THE Guzz pasty shop(s). Still going strong when I visited last year, and has been going for donkey's years.
    Used to have a stall outside St.Levan gate in the 50s. When the pubs turned out at 11 o'clock the queue used to stretch for miles.
    Having obtained your "oggie special" (large, red hot pasty, split open, with sausage and tomato sauce inserted), you could stagger back to your ship dripping tomato sauce down the front of your No 2s without a care in the world. The stains never came out though!

5. Dont Ivor Dewdney's still go around the Guzz ships every stand easy then?
  6. You buggers', there are down sides to living abroad and you are making me salivate at the thought of eating a hot pasty on a cold day. Hmmmmm
  7. Tha Canman usually gets a load and sells them at stand easy, but I have heard that has stopped now, due to Food Hygiene regulations.

Is there any truth in that?
  8. nope.
    We still get them.
  9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

did you know Ivor used to be in goal for Plymouth Argyle......
  10. Wasnt sure if it was a bad buzz as we have been deployed since september.
  11. I think they WERE stopped for a while due to keeping the food at a certain temperature and food handling/prep area laws etc but obviously there has been a work-round found.
  12. .......ahhhhhhhhhhh those were the days :lol: ...remember a mess oppo waking up in his hammock with a bunch of pig trotter bones on his chest :lol: ...poor bugger has crossed the bar now :sad:
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I managed to get a ron dewdneys pasty in dorset, any one top that?
  14. The Oggie stall at Levans gate brought back memories of chins dripping with red sauce from red hot Chuffs and Puffs whilst negotiating the perils of the dockyard and trying to remember where we left our ship.

As to the name of the owner of the stall, at that time of night and in the condition we were in I don't think anyone gave a monkeys. The venerable Dame Aggie Weston could have been behind the counter and nobody would have remembered the next morning.

Bloody good oggies though.

15. The Canman usually gets a load and sells them at stand easy, but I have heard that has stopped now, due to Food Hygiene regulations.

Always chuckle when I hear that one!

Waiter I have a fly in my soup.

Out in the field it is flicked aside and the intake recommences.
  16. hahahaha you're all wrong. The best pasties come from Indian Queens just outside of Newquay. And if you can't get them, then the old bakery in Crown Hill used to do the biggest pasties that could feed a small family for a quid.

Remember nipping over from School (St Boniface's) during the lunch break and going back not so quickly dragging half my own bodyweight in Pastie in my stomach!!!!!!!

Here endeth the lesson
  17. Well Floral Day in Helston----outside the Blue Anchor---few stingos----and munching a superb pasty, fiddle fiddle--big base drum. The land of Tre Pol and Pen has a lot to answer for!
  18. Where abouts in Dorset?
  19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

petrol station, just outside of weymouth on the way to windfrith, about 2 years ago
  20. Four & Twenty Pasty Blackbirds Company
    5638 Swift Road
    Florida 34231

Real oggies, right 'ansome, made by expat Jackers - Trelawney's Army welcome Floral Dancing for saileyors optional :grin: