I've plateaued at 9:30.. advice please

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by allrightmyson, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't seem to get passed the 9:30 mark when doing 1 1/2 mile runs on the track. It's started to concern me.

I'm thinking about interval training...

I do long runs up steps now and again, a few times a week i do a half hour run around the hills but this obviously isn't helping

Any tips?

Thanks.

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Nothing shabby about 9:30.

Stop, take your ego for a shit, have a beer and be happy with what you can do. Mind you, I know several blokes 50+ including one over 60 (retired but involved) who leave early 20s runners in their dust on the Rock Race.

So, are you partial to pies fatty?

3. Try setting your alarm for 10:00, get up, quick breakfast then go out ..... problem solved, you've gone past 9:30 simples ..........

4. 9.30 is 1 minute 43 seconds wasted effort. Don't worry about it and concentrate on getting the right iron for you.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

A fair few of the lads peaked around 9.30 whilst running around a dead flat piece of ground with tight shorts on and gelled hair. They beat me. However, with 100 pounds on our backs plus rifle and toys bimbling up big fcuk off mountains for a few days and then a few more they were'nt that flash anymore. Infact they perhaps should have thought about being an all round fitness god rather than a speed merchant. I wasn't too good at looking flash on short runs but I wasn't to bad at carrying speed merchants kit out in the field.

You can obviously run. Work on your general fitness. Get out some, kiss a girl etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Old - getting there, retired - from service life yes, bored - at times, fat - definitely, nowt better to do - possibly.

PB on BFT 7.15 aged 18. Ability to carry weight, dig shell scrape, dig 4 man trench in order to do the job developed over time. WB's advice is sound, especially the kissing girls bit.

"People on this forum"? "terrible advice"? It doesn't take a genius to get a feel for the wide range of experience and experiences shared on this forum.

More advice for you; by all means question the advice you're given (even that delivered with a hint of sarcasm) but if you knew it all already you probably shouldn't be asking for help...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  7. Ok can't resist. 9.30 is a good time for the RNFT, it is well within the limit. You know that and you are coming on here to show off. No one likes a smart arse, hence the sarcastic comments.

8. I am applying for Marines.
    Why would you all just assume?
    How have I been smart, this is the second time I've posted! 9:30 is not a show off time so I dread to think what your time is?
    I just came for some advice but nobody seems to know anything here. I'll ask a fitness instructor.
    I do hope that when I get in the Marines it's not full of people with terrible attitudes that think things like "oh well I've got 9:30 I'll leave it at that"

9. 9:30 is for a piss basic fecking fitness test...why the feck you have to come and ask people how to do better on a piss basic test is a sign that you are a complete and utter spoon fed troll.
    What next...how do I get a better score on the PWT...how can I run up a hill with a heavy bergen faster !!!

Man the **** up you soft twat, grow a pair of bollocks and sort your own shit out...stop expecting people to do it for you.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do you mean "plateaued" or "gateaued"..? :? :oops:

[​IMG]

11. haha **** it why not 10:30!!!

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Try running downhill - piece of piss, and your times will improve significantly! :thumbup:

13. How about you go **** yourself. Simply wanted advice for improving my time. You must of been bullied in school to turn out such to be such an anti social ******.

14. Easy princess, you'll soil those purty little knickers.

15. Nah..... just got a very low tolerance level when confronted with fucktards like you....if you think we're mean and horrid..wait till you join up and have twats like us ripping the piss out of you 24/7.

Forget the services sweet cheeks, you're obviously too sensitive for the banter...and if you can only do a 9:30...yer shite anyway !!!

16. :happy1:. ..........................

17. Wanting to improve my time makes me a 'fucktard'? That makes sense.
    No I won't forget about joining. I'll just make sure I don't turn into a brainwashed idiot like yourself :)

18. No...wanting to improve your time is fine.....Not having the ******* ability to sort it out yourself and wanting the information spoon fed to you makes you the Fucktard !!!

There's more ******* running mags with Ten Top Tips to " etc etc but for some reason you too ******* spasticated to get your shit together.

Your comment about Brainwashed idiot shows that you haven't got a ******* clue....... the real answer for you dipshit, is spend more time running and less time asking for help.

20. Yawn...have you always been a boring **** or do you copy and paste the shit from Dullards Weekly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.