ITV: "Navy Attacked By Spiders"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Nov 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Poor woos, eh.

Nothing trivial I hope.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Surprised the RAF (or Army) didn't put a bit of positive (web) spin on this story. Must've been serious shit if the Officers bar was closed. Big bugger too, if the base was partially closed. Bless.

3. Not the woos, Ninja, blanket stackers by all acounts.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Dits & truth should never be mixed.

5. This is not a good thread for you to start Sol.
    Ignorance is bliss and knowing that I could be savaged at anytime by a frantic feral spider is not the sort of thing I wish to be informed of.
    Bad Sol.
    On the upside, is it possible to train them to attack Po's only, in the remote hope that a certain rating will feel the love.:biggrin:

6. Mrs. Sumo is a arachnophobia sufferer, so just for a laugh, I copied and expanded the big spider picture and sent it to her via e-mail, I even called it spider, oh did she call me some names as she opened it full screen just before she went to bed, nightmare material, same as you Rummers she did not want to know?:twisted::evil:

7. Sumo you really are a Badass! Mrs MG is of the same ilk and runs at the mearest sight of any 8 legged beastie normally shouting out "kill it! kill it!" but I catch em and release them outside. Only touble was when sorting out the stable roof a month or so back came across a couple of false widow's which can give you a nasty bite so they definitely got dispatched!

8. My misses says catch it but don't hurt it and let it go? Mother-in-law sucks them up her vacuum, so I have told her she is feeding a monster spider which will crawl out of the vacuum pipe one day, she was not nice, she called me a barsteward?

9. Stupid thing was last year on a visit to the local zoo on "open day" with Grandaughter, in the Tropical House some "keeper" put a large tarantula on her hand to crawl about ... the look on "er indoors" face was a picture! Grandaughter thought it was hilarious as she know Granny doesn't do spiders. Must find the picture I took! he he! :biggrin:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Okay, we get it...

• Like Like x 1
  11. The cure in Singa's was to ensure you had a Chit Chat in the mess to eat them pesky arachnids!!!! Prob solved.

12. .....and a bootlace to eat the Chits once they had gorged on the spiders.