Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITV: "Navy Attacked By Spiders"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Cornwall Bugle said:
The Culdrose situation echoes a similar alert at a Suffolk air base last month.A "suspicious spider" spotted in the bar of the officers' mess forced the closure of part of the Wattisham air base due to fears that a black widow spider was on the loose.
Surprised the RAF (or Army) didn't put a bit of positive (web) spin on this story. Must've been serious shit if the Officers bar was closed. Big bugger too, if the base was partially closed. Bless.

Rumrat

War Hero
This is not a good thread for you to start Sol.
Ignorance is bliss and knowing that I could be savaged at anytime by a frantic feral spider is not the sort of thing I wish to be informed of.
Bad Sol.
On the upside, is it possible to train them to attack Po's only, in the remote hope that a certain rating will feel the love.:biggrin:

Sumo

War Hero
This is not a good thread for you to start Sol.
Ignorance is bliss and knowing that I could be savaged at anytime by a frantic feral spider is not the sort of thing I wish to be informed of.
Bad Sol.
On the upside, is it possible to train them to attack Po's only, in the remote hope that a certain rating will feel the love.:biggrin:

Mrs. Sumo is a arachnophobia sufferer, so just for a laugh, I copied and expanded the big spider picture and sent it to her via e-mail, I even called it spider, oh did she call me some names as she opened it full screen just before she went to bed, nightmare material, same as you Rummers she did not want to know?:twisted::evil:

MG Maniac

War Hero
Mrs. Sumo is a arachnophobia sufferer, so just for a laugh, I copied and expanded the big spider picture and sent it to her via e-mail, I even called it spider, oh did she call me some names as she opened it full screen just before she went to bed, nightmare material, same as you Rummers she did not want to know?:twisted::evil:

Sumo you really are a Badass! Mrs MG is of the same ilk and runs at the mearest sight of any 8 legged beastie normally shouting out "kill it! kill it!" but I catch em and release them outside. Only touble was when sorting out the stable roof a month or so back came across a couple of false widow's which can give you a nasty bite so they definitely got dispatched!

Sumo

War Hero
Sumo you really are a Badass! Mrs MG is of the same ilk and runs at the mearest sight of any 8 legged beastie normally shouting out "kill it! kill it!" but I catch em and release them outside. Only touble was when sorting out the stable roof a month or so back came across a couple of false widow's which can give you a nasty bite so they definitely got dispatched!

My misses says catch it but don't hurt it and let it go? Mother-in-law sucks them up her vacuum, so I have told her she is feeding a monster spider which will crawl out of the vacuum pipe one day, she was not nice, she called me a barsteward?

MG Maniac

War Hero
Stupid thing was last year on a visit to the local zoo on "open day" with Grandaughter, in the Tropical House some "keeper" put a large tarantula on her hand to crawl about ... the look on "er indoors" face was a picture! Grandaughter thought it was hilarious as she know Granny doesn't do spiders. Must find the picture I took! he he! :biggrin:

Waspie

War Hero
The cure in Singa's was to ensure you had a Chit Chat in the mess to eat them pesky arachnids!!!! Prob solved.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil ITV News: "Boxes Of Navy Ammunition Found On Cornish Beaches" Bases / Shore Est 18
soleil ITV Border: "Royal Navy Training Takes Place Off Cumbrian Shores" SCC and URNU 2
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Under 'Significant Manpower Pressure'" Current Affairs 5
soleil ITV Central: "Navy Recruitment Campaign" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Seize Drugs Haul Worth £100 Million" The Fleet 7
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Sends Message Of Love Home On Valentine's Day" The Fleet 3
soleil ITV: "Navy Pilots Speak Of Responsibility Of Carrying Olympic Flame" The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil ITV West Country: "Navy College To Star In Jubilee Flotilla" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Government pledges £1 Million in response to ITV's Help our Helplines campaign MoD News 0
soleil ITV "Advice From A Submarine Captain: Six Lessons On How To Cope With Lockdown" Submariners 4
soleil i News: "BBC And ITV In Battle Over Rival British Nuclear Submarine Murder Dramas" Submariners 10
soleil ITV News: "Armed Forces Tattoos Photography Exhibition Opens In London" History 25
soleil ITV News: "F-35 Lightning Stealth Fighter Jets Could Touch Down In UK Next Week" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil ITV: "Military Funeral For Britain's Oldest Royal Marine" The Corps 4
soleil ITV - Ade At Sea - Thursday, 27th March 2014 - 21:30 History 2
soleil ITV Granada: "'Pop Up' Support Centre Opens In Liverpool" Charity 1
soleil ITV: "Soldier Injured In Afghanistan On Poppy Appeal Posters" Charity 2
soleil ITV London: "Red Phone Box Installed On Warship" The Fleet 1
0 Apocalyspe Now ITV 4 Now The Quarterdeck 1
soleil ITV: "BAE At Barrow Gets £315 Million Boost" Submariners 3
soleil ITV: "The Entente Cordiale Takes To The Seas" The Fleet 19
soleil ITV: "Harry Welcomed To Camp Bastion By Commander" The Fleet Air Arm 0
sgtpepperband ITV News: "Weymouth & Portland's Olympic & Paralympic security operation reviewed" The Fleet 2
soleil ITV: RMBS Personnel (Collingwood) Herald The Arrival Of Olympic Medals At The Tower The Corps 0
soleil ITV: "Cold War Submarine Marks Decade As Museum" Submariners 6
soleil ITV: Duke Of York Set For Daredevil Abseil Down The Shard For RM Charity The Corps 22
soleil ITV Westcountry News: "Final Preparations For Armed Forces Day (inc Video)" Bases / Shore Est 15
soleil ITV: "Ice Ship Heads Back After Fighting Fires And Rescuing Scientists" The Fleet 3
soleil ITV: "Birthday Celebration For HMS Illustrious" The Fleet 2
soleil ITV Anglia: "Campaign To Keep Suffolk Naval History Alive" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil ITV: "HMS Ocean Goes Through Thames Barrier" The Fleet 12
A ITV: Royal Naval Medics Train at Sea Current Affairs 8
soleil ITV: "Return To The Falklands" - Tuesday, 20th March 2012 - 2100 History 2
stan_the_man The Hotel ITV Documentary - were have you been in the pusser Diamond Lil's 16
Joint_Force_Harrier "Strangeways" ITV Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
R ITV HMS Raleigh civvy to sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
soleil ITV: The West Country Tonight: "Naval Student Life?" SCC and URNU 1
Topstop ITV Morons Diamond Lil's 29
soleil Doctors and Nurses at War: ITV tonight 2235 The Corps 13
soleil Programme on Medics doing tours of duty in Afghan on ITV now The Quarterdeck 5
2 ITV COMMANDO ON THE FRONT LINE The Corps 11
B ITV Dating show The Quarterdeck 0
B ITV Dating show The Quarterdeck 13
rosinacarley RR on the ITV News Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2