ITV Morons

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Topstop, Jun 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who was the moron at ITV that slotted in an ad break 1 sec before the Engand goal. Should be the first ba5ard up against the wall come the revolution. Any bricky want a job ,Im going to need a bl00dy big wall :evil:

2. Never happened to me, are you watching in HD ?

3. Wish somone had put in ad break in for Rob Green's little moment :(

4. It's on BBC Radio 5 news right now.

ITV HD cut to adverts, ITV Live (internet player thing) and Normal didn't.

Wembley Stadium seemed to be using the ITV HD feed.

Listening to Radio 5 and streaming ITV on another browser tab here (no telly, antenna's broke. Need to man up, borrow some ladders from the site next door and sort it). Radio is 15 seconds ahead of stream so I'm hearing about what happens then switching to watch it if it sounded interesting . :lol:

5. Yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time :evil:

It seems only the studio shots are HD though, the match seems to be standard :( or they carnt be bothered to focus properly

6. They played like the idle overated bunch of moronic cunts that need shafting with a big shitty stick anyway.

7. The same 3 or 4 fcukwits that cannot even be bothered to sing the National Anthem.

Heskey gets out of his wheelchair to miss 'the chance' of the match and the remainder seem like they're on Valium.

People rave about Gerrard, but aside from some spectacular strikes his pass success rate is abyssmal.

They're are no easy games at this level, but we should be hitting the USA with a bloody big stick.

8. Should make the ABE brigade a happy bunch, barstewards!

9. That stood out like a sore thumb to me as well.

10. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

:lol:

11. Anyone miss the fact that the USA actually gave England a decent game ? ;)

ABE crew are extatic by the way :lol:

12. I fully agree T92. They were technically adept, fast and dangerous on the break. They are not the bunch of strugglers they were some years back, and most of their players are full time professionals, with many playing in Europe.

The English team never seem comfortable on the ball and I always get the impression that as soon as one player receives it, he immediately wants to lay it off.

At this level, first touch control, and possession is paramount. Qualities that too many of the squad lack.

Out in the quarter-finals.

13. That's the one thing I don't like about the way the media works. Because England might have played a bit pants, they focus on that. Instead of giving credit where its due.

I do think that England won't go very far this world cup, I don't want to see them go out, obviously. But from a neutral point of view ( :lol: ) I don't see much passion from the team... Maybe its just me?

14. Anyone else notice there was no instant replay of the USA goal?

15. Yeap, I thought that a bit odd.

16. Were there any identifiable weak spots in the England team tonight (apart from Mr Butter Fingers in goal, who actually played well apart from that one horrible moment ..........)?

17. The team it self? :lol:

18. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you Sol :lol:

On tonight's display, I don't think that the others in the group will be that worried. England showed themselves to be beatable and I bet the Septics are kicking themselves for not scoring more: one off the post and one great save from Green stopped that.

19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This is the thing with HD you see. Who gives a flying fuck if you can see a bead of sweat dripping from Rooney's ugly pug nose? Not me. I watched the game in normal vision and didn't miss a thing. Apart from a football game that is.

20. I wished i watched in hd.. because if there were interuptions i would'nt of had to watch the full 90 mins of the playground football i watched.