Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITV: Duke Of York Set For Daredevil Abseil Down The Shard For RM Charity

slim

War Hero
Bet he took a helicopter to the top and another one home on finishing.................cnut
He is a total waste of space and taxes

MG Maniac

War Hero
Leaping off tall buildings is happily not in my job description anymore ... not the sort of thing I want to do (along with bungy jumping and jumping out of a perfectly servicible aircraft ... except perhaps with a stunt double) so agree with Sumo that he still has a lotta bottle.

But it still remains that he is a big tit and I bet he tries to claim "air miles" for the time he's off terra firma!

finknottle

Banned
Have you been at the Gin? :dontknow: (clearly my post wasn't aimed at you)

But, ask your son if his oppo's, who are in need of help from that charity, would turn it down because of who had raised it? I think I know what the answer would be.

No charity can afford to pick or choose who they allow to donate so why feel the need to berate someone who has decided to raise money for them, no matter who they are. I know I wouldn't want to abseil down that building, so good effort to him.

I look forward to you and slim getting out from behind your computers and doing something similar to raise money - do post details when you do won't you.

I think it would be naive of anyone to think that it was Windsor’s idea and that's my point.

As you say all donations are very much appreciated on that we can wholeheartedly agree.

I prefer to sit in front my PC and donate, I hope that's acceptable?

scouse

War Hero
I think the problem with Andy is for the lads that served with him, he was lets say a poor DO!!!! And thats being kind .Unlike his elder Bro. Who was a good egg!!!

Handler

War Hero
Just seen that on the TV News, took a bit of doing that and rather him than me, at least it has reportedly made £300,000. Not to be sniffed at by any charity.

slim

War Hero
One of the nice things about RR is that we are all entitled to our opinions. The fact that one opinion may differ from another does not mean that either opinion is without merit.
Both Charles and Andrew served in the RN during my time, one was highly regarded the other not.
I am afraid that nothing Airmiles Andy does will ever change my opinion that he is a total waste of space and tax payers money, in the real world he would be hard pushed to earn a crust.
I reckon more would agree with me than disagree.

slim

War Hero
What do his travel costs have to do with the charity he raised funds for? Absolutely nothing.

I was using his travel costs (which all taxpayers contribute to) as a measure of his worth. He may have raised £300K for charity but his overall value to the country as a Paid for Royal.
Both him and his ex are professional free loaders taking much and giving very little.
His free travel should be stopped and he should be made to exist on his more than adaquate handout from the Queen

I stand by my earlier statement, he is a waste of space.

finknottle

Banned
I was using his travel costs (which all taxpayers contribute to) as a measure of his worth. He may have raised £300K for charity but his overall value to the country as a Paid for Royal.
Both him and his ex are professional free loaders taking much and giving very little.
His free travel should be stopped and he should be made to exist on his more than adaquate handout from the Queen

I stand by my earlier statement, he is a waste of space.

I think that sums it up, I never met anyone who had a good word to say about him when he was serving, then we have his escapades since, not the most popular Windsor by a long shot.

Having said that I am sure the cash raised will be gratefully received.

Topstop

War Hero
I think the problem with Andy is for the lads that served with him, he was lets say a poor DO!!!! And thats being kind .Unlike his elder Bro. Who was a good egg!!!

Who didnt like Submariners, bit of a bastard when Bronington was in Faslavertory.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government pledges £1 Million in response to ITV's Help our Helplines campaign MoD News 0
soleil ITV "Advice From A Submarine Captain: Six Lessons On How To Cope With Lockdown" Submariners 4
soleil i News: "BBC And ITV In Battle Over Rival British Nuclear Submarine Murder Dramas" Submariners 10
soleil ITV News: "Armed Forces Tattoos Photography Exhibition Opens In London" History 25
soleil ITV News: "F-35 Lightning Stealth Fighter Jets Could Touch Down In UK Next Week" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil ITV News: "Boxes Of Navy Ammunition Found On Cornish Beaches" Bases / Shore Est 18
soleil ITV Border: "Royal Navy Training Takes Place Off Cumbrian Shores" SCC and URNU 2
soleil ITV: "Military Funeral For Britain's Oldest Royal Marine" The Corps 4
soleil ITV - Ade At Sea - Thursday, 27th March 2014 - 21:30 History 2
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Under 'Significant Manpower Pressure'" Current Affairs 5
soleil ITV Granada: "'Pop Up' Support Centre Opens In Liverpool" Charity 1
soleil ITV: "Soldier Injured In Afghanistan On Poppy Appeal Posters" Charity 2
soleil ITV Central: "Navy Recruitment Campaign" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Seize Drugs Haul Worth £100 Million" The Fleet 7
soleil ITV London: "Red Phone Box Installed On Warship" The Fleet 1
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Sends Message Of Love Home On Valentine's Day" The Fleet 3
0 Apocalyspe Now ITV 4 Now The Quarterdeck 1
soleil ITV: "Navy Attacked By Spiders" The Fleet Air Arm 15
soleil ITV: "BAE At Barrow Gets £315 Million Boost" Submariners 3
soleil ITV: "The Entente Cordiale Takes To The Seas" The Fleet 19
soleil ITV: "Harry Welcomed To Camp Bastion By Commander" The Fleet Air Arm 0
sgtpepperband ITV News: "Weymouth & Portland's Olympic & Paralympic security operation reviewed" The Fleet 2
soleil ITV: RMBS Personnel (Collingwood) Herald The Arrival Of Olympic Medals At The Tower The Corps 0
soleil ITV: "Cold War Submarine Marks Decade As Museum" Submariners 6
soleil ITV Westcountry News: "Final Preparations For Armed Forces Day (inc Video)" Bases / Shore Est 15
soleil ITV: "Ice Ship Heads Back After Fighting Fires And Rescuing Scientists" The Fleet 3
soleil ITV: "Birthday Celebration For HMS Illustrious" The Fleet 2
soleil ITV: "Navy Pilots Speak Of Responsibility Of Carrying Olympic Flame" The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil ITV West Country: "Navy College To Star In Jubilee Flotilla" Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil ITV Anglia: "Campaign To Keep Suffolk Naval History Alive" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil ITV: "HMS Ocean Goes Through Thames Barrier" The Fleet 12
A ITV: Royal Naval Medics Train at Sea Current Affairs 8
soleil ITV: "Return To The Falklands" - Tuesday, 20th March 2012 - 2100 History 2
stan_the_man The Hotel ITV Documentary - were have you been in the pusser Diamond Lil's 16
Joint_Force_Harrier "Strangeways" ITV Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
R ITV HMS Raleigh civvy to sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
soleil ITV: The West Country Tonight: "Naval Student Life?" SCC and URNU 1
Topstop ITV Morons Diamond Lil's 29
soleil Doctors and Nurses at War: ITV tonight 2235 The Corps 13
soleil Programme on Medics doing tours of duty in Afghan on ITV now The Quarterdeck 5
2 ITV COMMANDO ON THE FRONT LINE The Corps 11
B ITV Dating show The Quarterdeck 0
B ITV Dating show The Quarterdeck 13
rosinacarley RR on the ITV News Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS Culture Secretary and the Duke of Cambridge join sports stars to talk mental health across UK sport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit flagship restaurant MyLahore in Bradford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HRH Duke of Cambridge and football legends champion mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge conclude their visit to Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the culture capital of Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge witness the impact of climate change in northern Pakistan MoD News 0