ITV Central: "Navy Recruitment Campaign"

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by soleil, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. Not bad. Might join myself.

3. Is it me or does anyone else think that these sort of promotional marketing type pieces gives the impression that the RNR is mostly comprised of black men and women (stand fast the CO). No offence, cannot think of a more PC way of saying this, I am sure that the MOD will delete if this is an illegal post.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As with all recruiting we aim to appeal to all groups regardless of gender, sexuality, race or religion.

Whilst some may think the was an overbearing of minority groups, disproportionately represented, the time constraints imposed make it difficult to project an inclusive image however those in the background would hopefully be seen as a representative cross-section of the service.

Whichever way you jump, some will find grounds take issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Whatever the colour of their skin, they're wearing a blue - or sometimes green - uniform. Stop looking for an agenda, McGrew.

6. I watched sailor and most of them had beards!!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

7. Having watched the video, I hadn't noticed until I read your post (probably speaks volumes of us both). On watching it again, there are two black people in the entire video from a cast of about 20. Not a huge ratio is it?

8. In fairness yes black people did make up a large proportion of that. BUT the first guy probably had actually the most interesting story to tell and just happened to be black.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE CARRY ON.