Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's just fun RR

Sumo

War Hero
I was out riding my bike (that contraption Monty's trying to figure out which is the front) and I was suddenly thinking about a verse, and turned left beautifully.
Pity about that though as most cyclists don't try and ride through walls.
I have a hole in my nice cycling gloves and a grazed thumb as well as a cut on my lower lip.
I'll get that fuckin wall back I swear I will.

Had a run in with a wall myself , I was doing my son a favor and feeding his fish whilst he was away, I gets there and it’s pitch black and no power on in house, so calls son, he tells me take electric key out into his ally and put some emergency money on meter, no idea what he is talking about so with small torch ventures forth into the rain to find electric box outside, could think of better places for it, first struggled to open then whilst struggling to shut, I tripped over some crap in his ally. I thought wall is just behind me so if I push myself against wall should be able to get balance back, wrong wall is much further away so I comes in contact with half way to the deck so just get a good solid thump on my shoulder then hit the graveled deck like a sack of tatties, only saving grace as it was dark no witnesses.
Unfortunately landed mainly on my already knackered knee which feels even more knackered now, when I got home tells her in doors of my plight and looked for some sort of compassion and sympathy did not get diddly squat, once she had finished laughing she got on the dog and bone to let others know how stupid I was.
Next day in daylight I was amazed at how far I had travel before hitting the deck, and can now see why so much pain as followed.

Rumrat

War Hero
I stepped back whilst at the market year before last and fell over the bike I was holding.
Landed on the frigging rear wheel and buckled it. Had to phone son to come and get me and bike.
Did find a great bike shop on eBay though so silver lining and all that.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
One of the worst bike disasters I had was in the dockyard when my front wheel went in the tramlines and I went over the handlebars and stuck the nut on the deck. It was the day I got my PO's up and I believe a barrel of CSB down the boat had something to do with it :drunken: :pissed: Wifey was not impressed when I staggered through the door as we were supposed to go out for a meal to celebrate that night :violent1:

MG Maniac

War Hero
One of the worst bike disasters I had was in the dockyard when my front wheel went in the tramlines and I went over the handlebars and stuck the nut on the deck. It was the day I got my PO's up and I believe a barrel of CSB down the boat had something to do with it :drunken: :pissed: Wifey was not impressed when I staggered through the door as we were supposed to go out for a meal to celebrate that night :violent1:

Saw that happen with a dockyard matey ... think he'd been in small ships most of lunchtime got on his bike and peddled away then got his front wheel in a tramline ... what made it more funnier was the dockyard crane which was chasing him ... poor b'satrd was peddling like fcuk trying to get away from the crane but it was gaining!

Sumo

War Hero
Having been a dockyard cyclist for many years saw a few incidents, I personally memory mapped all the tram lines, pot holes and gaps in dock gate planks, even in the rain when they were hidden by puddles, always cross tram lines a 90 degrees. Those without this ability provided me with many an entertaining mishap.

1. He got stuck in the tram line in a puddle slowly ground to an halt, and when tilt, he did not even put his feet down, result front wheel bent to 90 degrees, really funny watching him try to straighten wheel with foot and try and ride, eventually gave up and kicked the shit out of his bike.
  2. Most spectacular was when a cyclist front wheel got trapped in a gap in between a dock gate plank, instant stop of bike saw him fly through the air and land in a snotty heap head first, wrecker was this you? This was just up from the periscope shop?
  3. Saw many back wheel slips on wet tram lines almost always giving a buckled wheel.

Rumrat

War Hero
So apart from poor duty men who needed to ride red devils, the rest of matelots on bikes would by deduction be RA's.
So who the fuck cares what happens to a weasley RA.
Lets be honest most bike mishaps would have been caused by you tight fisted fuckers trying to keep a firm grip on your sarnie box.
I don't know why, there was never anything known to man for speed or tightness as the lid of an RA's lunch box.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
That one wasn't me Sumo, I was by 8W North. As I was rat arsed at the time and felt no pain, until the morning that is.

Sumo

War Hero
So apart from poor duty men who needed to ride red devils, the rest of matelots on bikes would by deduction be RA's.
So who the fuck cares what happens to a weasley RA.
Lets be honest most bike mishaps would have been caused by you tight fisted fuckers trying to keep a firm grip on your sarnie box.
I don't know why, there was never anything known to man for speed or tightness as the lid of an RA's lunch box.

Never had a lunch box could not afford lunch so went to the gym instead, but remembered to claim my home to duties for my push bike. Some of the bike riders were poor under paid dockies who could not afford a car so had a bike.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0
C Fun in the Field August Bank Holiday. Social & Reunions 0
slim Fun with B&W Photos Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
RabC Rugby Fun Diamond Lil's 9
Justthetip Old but fun ! Miscellaneous 0
soleil Liverpool Echo: "Messing About On The River - Volunteers Needed For Raft Race Fun" The Gash Barge 0
soleil Pompey News: "It’s A Knockout! Navy Sailors Battle It Out In A Fun Fitness Challenge" Bases / Shore Est 0
angry_mac Goodbye Royal Navy, some of it was fun..... The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 54
F Bad taste, or just a bit of fun ? Diamond Lil's 8
BillyNoMates Definitely l-o-a-d-s of fun. Current Affairs 11
Rumrat For fun Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Mail: "Fun And Games On The Thames As Navy Practises Over Tower Bridge" The Corps 18
soleil Rossshire Journal: "Ross 'War Games' No Fun For Whales, Says MSP" The Fleet 0
soleil Navy News: "Snow Fun For Dan As He Spends A Day With The Commandos" The Corps 0
BillyNoMates Fun in the 1950's Diamond Lil's 7
scouse Could be in for a bit of fun!!! when the Septics train us up for Flight Deck Ops The Fleet Air Arm 4
P sounds like fun Current Affairs 1
J Daddies Fun Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker Supermarket Fun Miscellaneous 0
BillyNoMates These look like fun. The Corps 4
M Just a bit of fun, Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
D Must be a fun time at HMS Raleigh! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Rumrat Fun in the New Year Diamond Lil's 11
Montigny_La_Palisse New beret fun Diamond Lil's 52
Drakey What old people do for fun Motoring 0
2_deck_dash It was me but it was fun while it lasted Diamond Lil's 20
Rumrat This could be fun..........or..... The Gash Barge 9
2_deck_dash New to the site, bring on the fun and games Diamond Lil's 9
B Looking for fun Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 60
sgtpepperband Google Map Fun Diamond Lil's 7
whitemouse Fun In Iraq ? Current Affairs 2
josiecats Its spoz to be FUN! Gaming 9
Naval_Gazer Anti-Fun Police at it again Current Affairs 17
stan_the_man Fun in the sun The Quarterdeck 15
sgtpepperband Fun With Fruit Diamond Lil's 13
golden_rivet more sedate than the stories on here - but good fun! Diamond Lil's 0
K what do you do for fun The Gash Barge 31
brazenhussy MOBILE FLIRTING - HARMLESS FUN OR A SIGN OF BEING UNFAITHFUL Diamond Lil's 15
sgtpepperband Hamster Fun Diamond Lil's 4
golden_rivet no more fun! Diamond Lil's 21
BlotBangRub No Heroes in my back yard? Join in the fun. Diamond Lil's 0
chinamatelot Red Caps - having fun! Diamond Lil's 14
Ninja_Stoker Fun to be had The Quarterdeck 0
josiecats fun things to do............ Diamond Lil's 9
A HMS Belfast fun days: Uckers & Collars... Current Affairs 0
Shakey More NHS fun - Family Planning Clinic. Diamond Lil's 3