It's Hit The Headlines Again.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Mar 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here we go again, women whingeing about the cost of childcare. It's simple missus, if you can't afford them don't have them. I see no good reason why a single 5p of my taxes, taxes that I am still paying as a pensioner should go to people who want everything handed to them on a plate. Mrs F did not return to work until both of our children started school and she ensured that when I was away she was able to take them to school and pick them up until they were big enough to make their own way. This particular issue really does make me so very angry.
  2. Finks for prime minister! I enjoy your rants.
  3. If Mumsnet speaks the BBC listens. So should you.
  4. I did listen and carefully, they just came across as, I want to go back to work as I am fed up looking after my children so you lot pay for me to do that. :angryfire:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  5. I've got an idea Finx.....get the union in, negotiate with the employer to provide childcare/creche or whatever...simples.
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm buggering off to sea, someone watch the sprogs for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Well thats ok while I'm paying for your pension. But if people don't have kids now who is going to pay my pension in 38 years (or whatever age they make up)
  8. Flags , just as long as they earn over £9,440.00 which will bring them into the tax paying bracket and the amount of tax they pay covers any childcare costs from the taxpayer with a surplus for the countries coffers.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  9. The way it's going you will be forced to work until you drop dead at your workplace so no worries on that score and thank you for your contribution.
  10. XJ, Im pretty sure Finks will watch em for you. The flesh turds that is, not yer chebs.
  11. Didn't we have this thread a couple of years ago?

It was boring then too.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. We did but it has risen from the ashes courtesy of BBC News. Current Affairs used to be a lively debating shop on RR but it has become a flaccid penis and needs some blood pumping into it.
  13. It was blood pumping into a penis that caused the subject of your rant Finks!
    • Like Like x 3
  14. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sometimes I just wish you could put some people out of their misery....
  15. Blame the gubbermint Finks.

They keep harping on about getting women back into work after they've spawned and then make it too expensive for childcare so they can't afford to go back.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I will probably be redundant if Salmond gets his way, after that I plan on signing on forever.
  17. Most of the childcare industry is privately owned so they can charge what they like and good luck to them. Then we have the young selfish parents who dump their children on the Grandparents who are put in a position where they find it difficult to say no.
  18. TBH I'd love to retire and look after my Grandson.
  19. Have you made a living will then?
  20. I hope that you would be paid for that full time job and not be taken for granted.