It's Chesterfield

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Don87, Dec 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Up Periscope"..."Stand By to Surface" A long range U.S submarine
    comes up out of the sea...on goes the blowers...out come the cigarettes.
    Flash of white packages in the sunlight...familiar white CHESTERFIELDS.

[​IMG]

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

2. Remember they were big with the Elmers, but never with us (unless they were charitably donated, when they were snaffled up like hot cakes). Anyone remember Pall Mall ? Used to pay 5/5 per 100 untipped - they now sell them SuperKings tipped in my local Somerfields £4.03 for TWENTY !!

3. CONSULATE Cool as a mountain stream. Cough! Cough!

4. Peter Styvescent(?) advertised as cool as possible on Radio Luxembourg at 2345 at night (shouted up the stairs.....'you kids aren't listening to that radio are you'....'NO dad...honest') Fade in anddddd fade out, ahhhh memories!
    I never smoked them or any brand. Just remember the adverts. It's easy to see why they banned (eventually) advertising ciggies, kids are so impressionable.
    They went a bundle on 'menthol' and how cool they were.....how can hot smoke be cool....it always puzzled me!

5. Best advert I ever saw for fags was the Silk Cut advert - would have been shown in cinema's or where I saw it .. abroad as after the adverrtising ban on TV .. started off like a scene from Zulu - absolutly brilliant!

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Kc5QQ6Pv8

6. Didn`t realize there were so many of them tears are rolling down my cheeks and peeing my self laughing :dwarf: :dwarf: