It's been 14 month since my interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Flatcapper83, Jun 30, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, everyone

It's been 14 month since my interview where my CA told me it's a 12 month wait to Raleigh for seaspec, passed everything apart my medical first time which I passed second time.

I'm getting quite frustrated because I've been told 3 different months July, October and January intakes
    Just wondered if anyone knows anything about this delay? Or in the same boat.
    Cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There are simply more applicants than vacancies unfortunately. Sea Spec is now about 18 months test to entry.

Very often, those applying for Sea Spec are advised to consider Warfare Spec as the jobs both have several common elements, but Warfare Spec has a wait of less than six months at present - probably because many assume Sea Spec involves driving fast boats and Warfare Spec doesn't (it does!). Sea Spec also involves learning morse code/flashing light signalling. Warfare Spec doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So if I rang my AFCO tomorrow and equired if there is anything I could to change to warefare spec is that a good path go down?

4. If I can change role will it make it a quicker turn around with me having everything already passed?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You could certainly swap your branch prior to joining & join quicker...But, fully research the job first, there are differences. Don't join in the expectation of switching after joining because that won't happen. Make sure you are happy in your choice and choose it because it appeals to you, not just because it is quicker. Also have a look at ET(WE)CIS if eligible.

6. I've had a read on the website and it does sound a lot more interesting than sea spec but I'll do abit more research and search on here tonight
    cheers for the help!!

• Like Like x 1